The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

GST blow engine doing burn out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truwarrior

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2002
Just wondering but wouldn't a high boost gst easly blow it's engine doing a burn out for show? Just seem like from the lack of air flow the radiator would heat up and the intercooler would heat soak. Anyone seen or heard of a gst blowing it's engine from doing a burn out? Thanks. :rocks:

It wouldn't overheat because the cooling fan would come on when the temp gets hot enough.

truwarrior said:
Just wondering but wouldn't a high boost gst easly blow it's engine doing a burn out for show? Just seem like from the lack of air flow the radiator would heat up and the intercooler would heat soak. Anyone seen or heard of a gst blowing it's engine from doing a burn out? Thanks. :rocks:

Overheating and blowing engine are 2 different things... There are things called electric fans that push air through your radidator while your not moving... obviosuly if you do it long enough and dont let your car cool down it will overheat long enough to blow your head gasket and run so hot that you melt pistons

Even in 120 degree heat here 3 weeks ago in AZ my subaru (single row rad) bairly moved the temp gauge less than 1 centimeter after doing 3 minutes of cookies in the dirt.

if you blow your engine during a burnout, the engine was on its way out anyways.

wheel hop/blowing out your diff are the things i'd actually worry about

RamenPride said:
and burn-outs on a FWD are stupid anyway
It still works the same magic with the ladies though OMG :thumb:
I do have to admit I would much rather do it in a rear wheel drive, which is why I will soon be purchasing a 240sx and doing a sr20det swap with some s15 styling, god I love'em :)

BGGSTin said:
It still works the same magic with the ladies though OMG :thumb:
I do have to admit I would much rather do it in a rear wheel drive, which is why I will soon be purchasing a 240sx and doing a sr20det swap with some s15 styling, god I love'em :)

LOL trator

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back