The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Gst Autocross Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purplegstslut

Probationary Member
Jun 30, 2016
Bristol, Wisconsin
Hey guys, I am looking at trying to get into the Autocross scene within the next year. Currently my car just had a new transmission put in. Trying to sell some of my old stock parts to get it out. My current build has me at 300 hp with 22psi. I am going to be sending my old transmission to TWM over the winter to be rebuilt and have a LSD put in. I do need roll bars put in. Any advice on anything else I should do?

Attachments

• Resized_20140530_094443.jpg
    Resized_20140530_094443.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 71
Roll bars for Autox? What level racing you plan on doing? The most that you need to really help is suspension and tires. So a really good set of coilovers preferably with camber plates. Or some way to adjust cuz a proper alignment for Autox will really help. Then just getting the right tire and size. You want really wide and really sticky ;) Then the only thing left and really the most important is seat, time seat time, seat time LOL! Remember don't overdrive the car.

I was only looking into a cheap set of basic roll bars. But if you don't think I should get them then I won't get them. I have a set of coilovers I have yet to put in and not sure of the quality because they were given to me when I bought the car off someone. I was planning on putting a decent set of stickies on my stock rims.

If your running Scca solo you don't need bars. But it never hurts to be safe :). I would personally use the money for suspension mods. A good set of sway and strut bars are wise. Along with prothane bushings all around, basically anywhere you can. :) Ya figure out if those coilovers are worth using. If so get them in those will help a lot. You can fine tune things abit more.

I was only looking into a cheap set of basic roll bars. But if you don't think I should get them then I won't get them. I have a set of coilovers I have yet to put in and not sure of the quality because they were given to me when I bought the car off someone. I was planning on putting a decent set of stickies on my stock rims.

If you meant to say sway bars, then yes, you should upgrade to the RMDSM bars, still available from Mach V, and worth the $300.

If you are just getting into Autocross you should concentrate on getting better as a driver first before trying to maximize your car's potential. Run the coilovers you have with some good street tires (Bridgestone RE71R, Dunlop ZII Star Spec or BFG Rivals).
Figure out who the good drivers in your region are and ask to ride shotgun with them, ask them to ride shotgun with you, and maybe even have them take a turn behind the wheel of your car. Don't feel bad when some guy in a stock 1990 Miata has faster times, the only way you'll catch him is practice.

If you have 300hp then you most likely are in SM or SMF (if FWD). XP if you have stripped out the interior. Those classes allow a lot of modifications and not all of those changes will make your car faster at an autocross.

Yeah miatas are about the best platform to learn to drive aggressively in. My Mitsubishis made me a better mechanic. My mazdas made me a better driver.

The best mods for autox are :
Wheels/tires
Brakes
Sway bars.
Shocks/springs
Rebuild your shifter, or get a good quality ssk.

Anyone know anything about these? They are Edge Racing Sport coilovers that were given to me with the car along with all the stock parts I gotta sell.

Attachments

• 20160707_172940.jpg
    20160707_172940.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 56
Anyone know anything about these? They are Edge Racing Sport coilovers that were given to me with the car along with all the stock parts I gotta sell.
I have been trying to research these coilovers all day and find any information. I have not been able to find any bit of information on these coilovers at all. I can't even get any information on the company.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back