The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

GST Auto, or a GS 5 Speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfamousEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 11, 2003
Tri- Cities (c³), Washington
Simple Question, I am currious. Would you rather have a 2G RS/GS 5 Speed... or a GST Auto?

I'd Take an RS/GS 5 Speed over a GST, but not a GSX...

I have a friend in town having thiss debate...

Auto GST all the way .......

i hvae friends with fast autos, if you can stand driving it go for it.

Better than n/a anyday.

i rather have the gs-t but the manual/auto tranny makes all the difference. so im for a manual gs which i have now.

the gst would still win in a quarter mile race, right??
by how much would it win by?

Originally posted by Antonio_bigbob
the gst would still win in a quarter mile race, right??
by how much would it win by?

Don't they run like 17s with A/Ts

I'd rather have the 5 speed, I'm not goin back to auto unless the car is pushing 300HP or more.

A auto gst would be quicker than the 5 speed N/A a stock auto gst would run about a mid 15 in the 1/4. Not sure about the N/A though

yea....i would for sure get the auto.....ive seen some pretty quick autos around my area too.....plus its cheaper to make the auto fast than the GS...

I'd get neither. Just wait and find a 5 speed GSX. There's no need to rush into buying the first car you find.

Originally posted by InfamousEclipse
Simple Question, I am currious. Would you rather have a 2G RS/GS 5 Speed... or a GST Auto?

I'd Take an RS/GS 5 Speed over a GST, but not a GSX...

I have a friend in town having thiss debate...

neither...

When a turbo is invLOLved there is NEVER a debate. Always go with boost. :)

So you can turbo the RS/GS, but you can also swap a 5 speed into the GS-T and the 4g63 will be much more stout than the 420a.

Again, when a turbo is invLOLved there is NEVER a debate. :thumb:

Is it easier to swap a tranny or swap an engine?

Originally posted by demografik
Are you retarded or just uneducated? :D

no youre just dense, he wasnt asking a question, he was answering with one.

by the way.I drive an auto GST

I build boost as much boost as I like off the line, I dont lift to shift, and I've shown my taillights to many simularly modded 5speed GSTs.
I'm not saying Automatics are superior to manual trannies, to each his/her own, but dont for one second let your guard down because the car next to you is A/T, because A/Ts dont miss shifts either.

Originally posted by V8BWARE
no youre just dense, he wasnt asking a question, he was answering with one.

by the way.I drive an auto GST

I build boost as much boost as I like off the line, I dont lift to shift, and I've shown my taillights to many simularly modded 5speed GSTs.
I'm not saying Automatics are superior to manual trannies, to each his/her own, but dont for one second let your guard down because the car next to you is A/T, because A/Ts dont miss shifts either.

i agree, i am auto/fwd as well, i have also raced many 5 speeds with similar mods and came out on top:thumb: although i wish i had a 5 speed, my auto holds its own...i did a 15.0 @ 94mph w/ a sh!tty 2.4 60' with just an intake/bov...i have also seen some fast n/t 5 speeds in the 15 sec range as well. we'll see how i do with the new small 16g i just picked up since my t25 decided to blow up;)

is this thread a joke?? you cant be serious about a turbo vs non-turbo, i wont even race a n/t DSM even with my auto. You guys with non-turbo DSM's if you ever want to drive my Auto awd you can, and you will never ask such a stupid question again.

Well I have a 5Speed n/t w/ a Turbo Kit, wouldn't that be cheaper than a 5Speed swap on a GST?

He's getting a black Auto 99 GST, rather than keepinng his 5 SPeed GS and droppin a new engine in it (engine blew)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back