The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

GSC S3, FP3052, 538whp Mustang dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowell

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2006
vancouver, BC_Canada
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Old cams were Comp 100, -2 -2. Did not try moving the S3's around yet. 10:1 2.0, mild porting, stock intake with custom plenum, FP3052. This is on a stock calibration Mustang MD500. The corrected numbers are Dynojet equivalent.

Still on the FP3052. S90 70mm throttle body, extra wg spring to hold 30psi up top. I have not seen any 3076R make more power than this (622whp Dynojet), but if anyone knows of one, I'd like to hear about their setup.

Spools a little later then the comp cams, but definitely makes up for it up top!

Always trade offs. The surprising thing about the S3 is no loss of midrange. When I tested Comp 100 vs HKS 272 I lost about 20ft/lbs tq. GSC :applause:

Am I correct in the assumption that this is a manual car, not auto?

Manual for sure, as I'm more into track days than drag racing.

That is a fat power band, very nice mind posting a mod list?

2.0, JE 10:1, stock intake, stock size Ferrea exhaust valves, head casting cleaned up, Evo HG. GSC S3 cams, Fidanza gears. Retained balance shafts for better street driving. Fluidamper, Jay Racing alternator relocate (steel), Dynatek CDI w/ COP, Kiggly springs/ti retainers + HLA.

4" velocity stack intake, FP3052 on DNP header, Kinetic FMIC, 1g BOV, S90 70mm, 1G intake with larger volume plenum, 2.5" o2 housing, 3" TBE

E15 fuel with 2 large AEM methanol jets, one in the air filter and one on the throttle body elbow. Walbro 400, stock lines and filter, Delphi 75lb injectors, stock ECU with Tunerpro. Meth solenoids controlled via EGR and FPS outputs.

Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 w/ street disc, custom trans with EVO I 1st and 2nd gears, EVO III 3rd/4th/5th, forks, deburred gears, custom oiling system and temp sensor. More details http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/transmission-cooling.434313/

Nice work! Its these types of threads that really make me question wether or not the HTA tech and/or T3 is really needed for a 3076 sized turbo. The power you are making is fantastic! I spent a lot of money going TS T4 on my HTA3076 and you are making more power than me! I love it! I look forward to seeing more on this!

So you lost 20ft/lbs with the comp 100's coming from the HKS 272's?

Torque loss with 272s. This was on a 9:1 ported stock intake 2.0, DNP header and bolt on 50 trim. 497whp on a Mustang with a PTE bolt on 50 trim. HKS intake cam needed retarding to get the best out of it. Compe 100s worked well clost to zero.

While searching for these old pulls, I discovered Mustang doesn't search more than 1000 tests per person. Time to change my dyno name :banghead:

Last edited:
amazing how a "stage 1" cam nets almost as much as a "stage 3" cam!
Maybe because the LSA is so much tighter on comp cams than any other? 108 vs 110????

The difference on my current setup is 12.5%, but would probably be more on a higher flowing turbo. I do have a GTX3076 available for testing, but I'd have to drop it into my FP turbine housing. The car is out of injector though, so I'm looking for a set of ID1000's.

i'm switching from HKS 272's to GSC S2's on my current build. hoping to see some improvements. The HKS's served me well though. Installed straight up on stock cam gears, I trapped 130.75 pretty easily. I am excited to see what I can do with the GSC's.

I would say the estimated dynjet numbers are inflated quite a bit. but I like your build and setup.

While I prefer uncorrected numbers, the Dynojet factor has proven accurate on at least 3 other Dynojets, one of which is English Racing's.

M3, 234 Mustang, 274 on a Dynojet down the road.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/668578-speedpro-dynojet-e46-m3-dyno-base-lines.html

Stock 2012 GT-R. 462 Dynojet.
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/61318-ivey-technologies-tunes-the-2012-gtr-with-boltons/
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tunes-gtr-our-awd-dynojet-results-inside.html

Gen 1 Viper. 346 Dynojet.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...-of-Torque!)?p=2487150&viewfull=1#post2487150

Gen 4 Viper. 522 Dynojet
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1/2375002-zr1-vs-gen-4-viper-dyno.html

I'll be interested to see what it actually puts down on the DJ. I've looked at countless dyno sheets comparing peoples experience on MD vs DJ and most are within 10%. AMS says that their MD reads exactly 8% lower than their DJ. With all the variables that can be programmed into the MD correction factor I think 622 is gonna be a bit high. Either way, I'm sure you've broken the current high 3052 # of 562awhp on DJ (afaik). I'll be watching this for sure. I'm about to dyno my 2.3 3052 GSC S3 10:1+ motor here shortly and I expect we'll be battling it out for the top spot with the FP3052.

I'll be interested to see what it actually puts down on the DJ. I've looked at countless dyno sheets comparing peoples experience on MD vs DJ and most are within 10%. AMS says that their MD reads exactly 8% lower than their DJ. With all the variables that can be programmed into the MD correction factor I think 622 is gonna be a bit high. Either way, I'm sure you've broken the current high 3052 # of 562awhp on DJ (afaik). I'll be watching this for sure. I'm about to dyno my 2.3 3052 GSC S3 10:1+ motor here shortly and I expect we'll be battling it out for the top spot with the FP3052.

Definitely interested to see your results. I test in 3rd gear with no PAU force, so rolling strictly on inertia which gives around 4 seconds on boost. How long does your car see full boost during your dyno pulles?

From cbevo.com:
02/09/2011 Buschurs dyno on the BR 2.3 and FPGreen HTA73, 533whp and 527tq, equivilant to 613whp on the dynojet, this is after David fixed the Mivec map and we turned the boost up. this might be the best usable street powerband ever produced by an EVO.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back