The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

GS Vs GTS vs GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCzechGuy

Probationary Member
Aug 12, 2022
Brno, Europe
What is the main differences between these options?

I'm new to cars as a whole so sorry if it's self-explanatory.

GS - Chrysler 420A naturally aspirated engine
GST & GSX - Mitsubishi 4G63 turbocharged engine

The two are not interchangeable, meaning you can't just buy a cheap GS and swap a 4G63 into it. Different wiring, transmission, computers, sensors, mounts, and the engines sit differentlt. Completely different cars except for looks.

GS-non turbo
GST-turbo fwd
GSX- turbo awd
We are assuming you are talking about 2g. 95 to 99 cars.
1g cars are different.
Non turbo came in both 1.8 sohc and 2.0 dohc versions. Although they are completely different motors they are both mitsubishi and the 2.0 is a 4g63. The non turbo 4g63 is vastly different from the 4g63 turbo motors which are in the GST and GSX cars.

Please keep in mind that they are telling you based on North American models. I don't know how the things are in your country but as I see you are in Europe, the things may be different in your country. For instance, in Japan, "GS" only means 1G with a non turbo Mitsubishi 4G63 engine, don't exist 2g with a 420A engine or 4g64 engine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back