The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

*GROUP BUY * CompWorks 2g Fender Braces

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
Let's get a list started.

IMPORTANT!

Now before you send payment you need to know that I will not start building these until AUGUST.
Why so long?
I have the entire month of August off from work.

I'm willing to make as many sets as are ordered. 20, 30 40 sets? No problem.
10 sets is minimum to have this group buy happen.

No money is due until July 14th when the group buy will be closed. At that time full payment will be due. Orders will go out around the end of August in the order of payment received. When you send payment make sure you put your screen name and address in the notes.

The cost will be $250.00 shipped in the lower 48 states.

Contact and payment info is at the bottom of my post.

Here are the details on the braces:

-CompWorks 2g Fender Braces are built from precision notched DOM tubing.

The mounting plates and brackets are cut on a laser table and then bent on a CNC press brake for precision and accuracy.

- A satin black powder coating is applied providing an attractive and extremely durable finish.

-The fender braces are designed to provide a rigid link between the A-pillar and the front chassis just before the strut tower area limiting deflection under braking and cornering loads. Like the role of strut braces is to stop side to side forces, the fender brace works to eliminate vertical movements. This helps maintain the suspension's geometry and greatly improves steering response.

-The braces weigh about 2.3 LBS per side.

-These are bolt -in design. It requires the inner fender to have two holes to be drilled for the braces to bolt to and a third access hole drilled for a sandwich mounting plate to be inserted.

Install write up here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...es/435203-compworks-fender-brace-install.html

Again Cost is $250.00 shipped in the lower 48 states.

Paypal is preferred [email protected]m

Thanks and I look forward to working with you,
Kevin Kovatch
208-830-1193

Last edited:

IMPORTANT!

Now before you send payment you need to know that I will not start building these until AUGUST.
Why so long?

No money is due until July 14th when the group buy will closed. At that time full payment will be due. Orders will go out around the end of August in the order of payment received. When you send payment make sure you put your screen name and address in the notes.

The cost will be $250.00 shipped in the lower 48 states.

Contact and payment info is at the bottom of my post.

Here are the details on the braces:

-CompWorks 2g Fender Braces are built from precision notched DOM tubing.

The mounting plates and brackets are cut on a laser table and then bent on a CNC press brake for precision and accuracy.

- A satin black powder coating is applied providing an attractive and extremely durable finish.

-The fender braces are designed to provide a rigid link between the A-pillar and the front chassis just before the strut tower area limiting deflection under braking and cornering loads. Like the role of strut braces is to stop side to side forces, the fender brace works to eliminate vertical movements. This helps maintain the suspension's geometry and greatly improves steering response.

-The braces weigh about 2.3 LBS per side.

-These are bolt -in design. It requires the inner fender to have two holes to be drilled for the braces to bolt to and a third access hole drilled for a sandwich mounting plate to be inserted.

Install write up here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...es/435203-compworks-fender-brace-install.html

Again Cost is $250.00 shipped in the lower 48 states.

Paypal is preferred [email protected]m

Thanks and I look forward to working with you,
Kevin Kovatch
208-830-1193
I know this seems like a noob question, but will these work in a spyder?

I don't see why they wouldn't. Fenders are all the same for 2G's. Doors are different for soft tops, but the hinges are in the same place, so the mounts should be fine. I'm planning to put them on my Spyder. I haven't seen any pics of them put on one, but I'm sure someone has.

I think the rule of thumb for group buys like this (one's that don't require payment to be added to the list) you can typically expect 50% to drop out.

You're right though, he might have bit off more than he could chew if EVERYONE commits.

IMPORTANT!

Why so long?

No money is due until July 14th when the group buy will closed. At that time full payment will be due. Orders will go out around the end of August in the order of payment received. When you send payment make sure you put your screen name and address in the notes
20,30,40 sets No Problem!! His words! 10 sets minimum.

1. Corey Jenson (gofer)
2. Alberto Camargo (cmrg95)
3. Tyler Mounts (FullThrottle7)
4. Joshua Garcia (josh408)
5. Andrew Zuckermann (Zmann42087)
6. Nathan Brown (Chaotic Deconstruct)
7. Andrew Robinson (95eclipser) (Paid in full)
8. Scott McIntyre (Scott McIntyre)
9. Jake Halsey (bluespunk)
10. Carlyle Forde Jr. (ceedawg)
11. (Eclipse 1998)
12. Alex Sosa (VergeTsi)
13. Brian Barton (Slowwhite)
14. Jeff McDonald (Turbolover10)
15. Kevin Mastalski (llxkevinxll)
16. Paul Jaquish (Rival)
17. Roman Hurtado (b00stedgt)
18. Andrew Kanusky (kanusky1990)
19. Mike DeMaio (High PSI)
20. Jason Garrett (orangedsm)
21. Trevor Schipper (TrevoREX)
22. Adrian Gonzalez (WhiteGSX07)
23. Aneesh Patel (evoredy)
24. Jared Griffiths (jagyr_97gsx)
25. Chris Santos (Strm Trpr)
26. Denny Nguyen (Phudu2004)
27. Austin Chandler (RioPGTMN)
28. Steven Neujahr (DogWhistle)
29. Cody Woods (mantega4g63) (Paid in full)
30. Cullen Fitts (TheLemon) (Paid in full)
31. Daren Peacock (daren_p)
32. Bradley Hardy (d1backwoods)
33. Jon Banks (jayb903) (Paid in full)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayum. Wish peeps were always like this. DSM shops wouldn't be falling off left and right. ROFL

The real DSM enthusiasts know a good product when they see one. Plus for what you get it is more then fairly priced.
My Buddy has these out in cali. He said these braces and his Feal coilovers were the two biggest handling changes he has ever felt on a DSM. Im very excited myself.

The real DSM enthusiasts know a good product when they see one. Plus for what you get it is more then fairly priced.
My Buddy has these out in cali. He said these braces and his Feal coilovers were the two biggest handling changes he has ever felt on a DSM. Im very excited myself.

Without a doubt. I bought two sets in the past. Lol These, plus RRE upper and lower front braces transformed the steering/chassis feel of my car. Props to @greengoblin for building a great product and keeping the costs real.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back