The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Group Buy #6: VOLK 2G spherical 4130 front LCA’s (2020)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_racer

Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Round 6! We're excited to get started on making these again! The advertised pricing here is contingent upon getting a minimum of 18 people prepaid and on the list, with a maximum number of 30.

The arms are fabricated from 4130 chromoly tubing. They weigh in 30% lighter than the OE arm. (5.0 lbs, VS. 3.5 lbs) So total weight savings = 3.0 lbs. The shock mount and inboard end use Teflon-lined sphericals. We currently have 102 sets previously produced and being used in the field from previous group buys.

Aside from the weight savings, other benefits include:

* A stronger, rebuildable, and greasable balljoint
* ~1/2" drop on the outboard pivot, which helps raise the roll center
* ~1/2" more shock travel (lowered mount)
* All sphericals, so no more bushing deflection

These arms are powdercoated chassis black. They will come assembled and greased with Joe Gibbs Driven grease. They will also include boots over the ball joints as a standard option. If you require boots and seals over the other sphericals, it will be an additional $35 total.

Price is $520 shipped anywhere in the US.

Full payment up front is required to get on the list. PayPal is preferred. Gift payment or buyer to cover 3.3% PP fee. I also accept personal checks, money orders, and cashiers checks. (Free boot/seal option for anyone paying with a money order)

I will begin work on these are soon as I get a final count.

If interested, PM me here or send me an e-mail to: [email protected]

EXTRA::: If you'd like to add in a set of 2G tubular toe arms or trailing arms to your order, I will include them in your LCA shipment at a discounted price! This applies to these arm sets only:
Toe arms (AWD or FWD): $169
Trailing arms (single adjustable): $165
Trailing arms (double adjustable): $185

_____________________________________________________________________________________

**** OPEN! 2/13/20 ****

1) Timothy Jilg
2) Jason Fox
3) Jacob Halsey
4) Tim Young
5) Jeffrey Quesada Coronado
6) Cristian Castillo
7) Vern Heimbach
8) Collin Trossbach
9) Erik Arentzen
10) Cody Kenyon
11) Steve Robinson
12) Dane Christiansen
13) Zac Wente
14) Frank Booth
15) Brian Bullock
16) Eddie Teran
17) Bobby Golden
18) James Richards
19) PJ Watts
20) Jeremy Porter
21) Lindsay Dundon
22) Lindsay Dundon
23) Ricardo Blanco Solorzano
24) Jay Banks
25) Duncan Djang
26) George Black

** GB CLOSED 3/17/20**

Last edited:
be me: “hey look. Finally a month I’m going to not spend on car parts. Got everything I need here. Plenty to install and improve on.”

be Paul: “time to release a group by on Front LCAs”

be my wallet “ah shit here we go again”

Nice!! I just got my toe eliminator kit in and welded. Im thinking I'm gunna keep my stock lower rear arms and make my own adjustable uppers. Trying to buy a house and still race this year

Question, I just bought a Talon so I don't have the funds to get in on this group buy, but is this something that is available for purchase outside of the group buy, down the line at a higher price? I really want a set.

Question, I just bought a Talon so I don't have the funds to get in on this group buy, but is this something that is available for purchase outside of the group buy, down the line at a higher price? I really want a set.
I'm not certain. We do these via group buy only because the custom balljoints need to be ordered in bulk. And we don't want to tie up $4k in inventory of balljoints just for these. More efficient to do group buys. At the very least, we will continue to do a group buy annually. Maybe down the road, we can consider stocking balljoints and trying to keep this arm set in stock.

Sounds good. If anyone backs out, let me know, I will find the money somehow since I need new LCAs on this car one way or the other.

Do you have a time frame to get everything sent out?
The balljoints just showed up. We're still waiting for the bearing cups to finish machining and then we'll start building them. Hoping to start shipping the first sets out at the end of April.

Hello. How are these comming? Cant wait to get my mitts on em. Thanks!

Hello. How are these comming? Cant wait to get my mitts on em. Thanks!
Should be assembling and shipping the first half in about 2 weeks. And the second half 1-2 weeks after that. I'll get some pics posted up within a day or two. :)

Hey guys, just a follow up on the 2g DSM front LCA group buy; balljoints, bearing cups, and standoffs are machined. Tubes are cut and welded. We're starting to get these welded up now. Hoping to have the first half at the coater in a week or so. And the second half a week later. So we'll be shipping these out very soon.

I put money aside a few years ago for these and for some reason I keep missing the deadline...

LOL...every f***ing year. ..

Is the group buy around the same time every year, so I can finally end the steak?

I put money aside a few years ago for these and for some reason I keep missing the deadline...

LOL...every f***ing year. ..

Is the group buy around the same time every year, so I can finally end the steak?
Yup, goes live every February.

Hey guys, just a follow up on the 2g DSM front LCA group buy; balljoints, bearing cups, and standoffs are machined. Tubes are cut and welded. We're starting to get these welded up now. Hoping to have the first half at the coater in a week or so. And the second half a week later. So we'll be shipping these out very soon.

Oh god the wait kills me, how much longer? please i feel like a child on december waiting for christmas

oh god the wait kills me, how much longer? please i feel like a child in december waiting for christmas

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back