The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Group Buy #4: VMC 2G spherical 4130 front LCA’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_racer

Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
Round 4! We're excited to get started on making these again!

The advertised pricing here is contingent upon getting 15 people prepaid and on the list, with a maximum number of 22.

The arms are fabricated from 4130 chromoly tubing. They weigh in 30% lighter than the OE arm. (5.0 lbs, VS. 3.5 lbs) So total weight savings = 3.0 lbs. The shock mount and inboard end use Teflon-lined sphericals. These are exactly the same as the set that I built for Andrew Brilliant, and he's been successfully running them since 2015. As well, 55 sets sold on the first three group buys.

Aside from the weight savings, other benefits include:

* A stonger, rebuildable, and greasable balljoint
* ~1/2" drop on the outboard pivot, which helps raise the roll center
* ~1/2" more shock travel (lowered mount)
* All sphericals, so no more bushing deflection

These arms are e-coated and powdercoated cascade black. They will come assembled and greased with Joe Gibbs Driven grease. They will also include boots over the ball joints as a standard option. If you require boots and seals over the other sphericals, it will be an additional $30 total.

Price is $500 shipped anywhere in the US.

Full payment up front is required to get on the list. PayPal is preferred. Gift payment or buyer to cover 3.3% PP fee. I also accept personal checks, money orders, and cashiers checks.
I will begin work on these are soon as I get a final count.

If you'd like to add in a set of tubular rear toe arms, I will include them at a discounted price of $145!

Group Buy List:

1) Dallas Stewart
2) Jon Sherry
3) Garry Xiong
4) Ed Huratdo
5) Timothy Caldwell
6) Joseph Castellano
7) Michael Suchomski
8) Kevin Cliver
9) Sergio
10) Miguel Campos
11) Scott Kohart
12) Michael Bessette
13) Josh Brozek
14) Carlos Montoya
15) Efrain Lara
16) Mike Lane
17) James Walsh
18) Paul Jaquish
19) Will Powell
20) Ole Solverson
21) Andrew Shirkey
22) Anthony Marianelli
23) John L.
24) Michael Adcock

LIST IS CLOSED! (3/7/18)

Please feel free to post any questions or comments in this thread. Or PM or e-mail is fine too. [email protected]

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
We're at 15 sets and we're officially a GO! I'm going to keep this open for one more week just in case anyone else wants to just aboard. After that, I'll close it down and get the balljoints ordered. All others materials are here and ready for some cutting and welding. :)

Hey guys, just a quick update. The first 12 sets are at the powdercoater. The next 12 are about half finished. The standoffs are machined, and the heims are booted. I'll be assembling and shipping as soon as they come back from the coater.

Group buy #4 is officially in the books! All 24 sets have shipped. And I may or may not have an unclaimed 25th set that might be up for grabs soon!

Thank you to all that participated. Thank you so much for your support and for keeping us busy in the shop. Enjoy those LCA's!

If you post pics, please tag me. @99gst_racer here or @VolkMetalCraft on Facebook or on Instagram

Also worth noting; This makes 81 sets of these created and out in use!!! Very cool. I never thought I'd build that many, and I'm already looking forward to the next run of them.

Absolutely LOVE my set! Great job with the quality of these arms. Once I get Bobby's upper arms and dial in his bumpsteer kit, this car should be turning really well.

Hey Paul, you planning on ever doing anything like this for the 1G?
Yessir! Though I am swamped with current work, and it will make me some some to get to doing anything on the front of a 1G. But I want to get there for sure.

Paul, I take it from your previous post you are planning on doing another group buy?
I’m bummed I missed the last one, would definitely like a set of these!

Paul, I take it from your previous post you are planning on doing another group buy?
I’m bummed I missed the last one, would definitely like a set of these!
Absolutely. There seems to be enough demand to warrant a group buy about once per year. But if demand increases, I'll certainly do it more often! Either way, there will be a fifth group buy at some point in the future.

If anyone is interested in getting on an e-mail alert list for the next group buy, send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I'll get you on the list.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back