The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Group Buy #3: 2G spherical 4130 front LCA’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it possible to get a quote to get them 3 day air? If I can get my hands on my set by next weekend, I may be able to get them in the car and setup for my NJMP race.
I ship via USPS Priority. They get everywhere in 2-3 days. Should be OK, right?

Yeah as long as they get to me by next Friday the 21st so I have them for Saturday the 22nd to install. And any stickers you may have that I can put on the car also helps.
Piece of cake. :)
I don't have any stickers/vinyl made yet, but I'm working on a few designs.

The first 8 guys on the list will receive tracking numbers next week.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. The parts are still at the coater. I've been using these guys for several years and I've never had them take this long on anything. I'm heading down there again mid-day tomorrow to light a fire up under someone.

I'm ready to get these LCA's assembled and shipped! Thanks for your patience thus far and bare with me just a little bit longer guys.

EDIT: I just called over there. He says he has 8 sets e-coated and he promises they will be powdercoated and finished for tomorrow! *fingers crossed* I'll be sure to drill home that I can't wait this long for the remaining 12 sets.
Still good here man and I'd still love a second set but 2 gsx s are still being quite an expense LOL. Like theyre My kids

These are super sharp looking, Paul! Amazing works as always. I hope you end up making the front UCA so I can pair these lowers with em'! ;)

These are super sharp looking, Paul! Amazing works as always. I hope you end up making the front UCA so I can pair these lowers with em'! ;)
Thanks Sandra! I will definitely be doing a front UCA. Though it might be a while. It got back burnered.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Much excite!!!!!! Thank you so much Paul for getting these out. The community is boundlessly lucky to have folks like you that make things for these cars. I for one CANNOT WAIT to get these on the car and get on track with them. Quality is above even what I had expected. Super stoked!

Hasn't been my month with parts. So had to verify.

I work 12hrs shifts 6 days a week for the past couple months. So.making sure I'm home or the wife is home is big. (Last issue my brand new race seats showed up with no warning from the vendor after a month and they sat outside in the rain for 2 days)

I've got a question. I know the ball joints friction level is adjustable, however what does that actually do for handling? Or is it just adjusting for any wear/break in? I have never heard of that before.

I've got a question. I know the ball joints friction level is adjustable, however what does that actually do for handling? Or is it just adjusting for any wear/break in? I have never heard of that before.
The level of friction of the ball joint will directly affect how the steering feels. And it's all personal preference. The wear/break-in is all about peaks and valleys of the components. These are a steel ball on a steel race, and breaking them in is basically wearing in the peaks to make the ball perfectly match the race. Many of my circle tracking racing co-workers prefer low friction ball joints. You can set these loose to reduce friction, but just make sure there's no axial (vertical) movement/looseness. And be sure not to set them too tight either. The threads on the gold cap are very fine and so when adjusting, that will translate to very small changes in the tightness and level of friction on the stud. The level of adjustment is basically infinite and you'll just have to play around with them a bit to see what feels best to you.

Rule of thumb:
If you can't move the stud easily by hand, it's too tight.
If the stud can move up and down in the arm, it's too loose.
Anywhere in between these is safe. Adjust to your steering preference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back