The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Greetings from Denver!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FetchThatCheese

Probationary Member
Aug 5, 2012
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Hey guys!
Got rid of my s13 hatch and just bought my 97 GSX 6 days ago and thought i would sign up in this forum and acquire some basic knowledge about dsm's in general. I'm happy with my purchase but it needs alot of work. I will post pictures later, but the previous owner tried to paint it with a mopar special theme...it's hideous. Like I kid you not, i've been laughed at by srt4's owners and other domestic owners. But the reason why i bought it was because the motor was solid with a good service record AND stock for the most part. Some mods that came with it are intake, greddy b.o.v. (maybe knock-off idk but it will stay for now), and (i think) a magnaflow cat-back, and stock t-25. Suspension has lowering springs and they're purple (i'm not sure if they are ebay special but it rides just fine for now) and talon swirlies (will hope i can find some gsx wheels or evo8 or 9 wheels), wired in my dual deck as the previous pioneer deck was wrecked.

So some things I'm going to do next weekend:
-change oil + oil filter.
-diff+t-case fluid.
-coolant flush, wasn't looking so great when i checked yesterday
-picking up an optima battery today because it got cashed out in my s13
...so basically some maintenance in hoping the car will last!

some things I'm going to do next month:
-clutch! it slips and slips pretty bad under high load like 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears
i was looking into getting a ACT2100 as i have read some suggestions and not too stiff for DD.
-fuel pump! may need to be sooner than later, car sometimes randomly will not start until i clutch kick it. With the reak of gas i smell (when it doesnt start) im pretty sure it is the fuel pump because it is randomly and the battery and starter are fine.
-aem wide-band, car came with a auto-meter narrowband
-boost gauge, car came with auto-meter boost gauge but it is broken

so my basic goals is just good reliability and fixing up the paint whenever i get to it...maybe 4-5 months. i am still learning about my dsm as it is the first turbo-charged car i've ever owned, but it is fun and i am excited to learn about the 4g63t platform!

Cheers!
Eirik

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took some more of the body today, putting red Oem paint back on will come with time

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344289840.342158.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344289840.342158.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back