The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

greengoblin's AWD Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good thing I'm not in public or I wouldn't be able to stand up for a while. Those are dead sexy.

How is the rest of the car coming along? Any idea when you'll get it onto a track?

What wheels are those and how big spacers? I need me some wides and those look awesome

There will not be any spacer. Custom front knuckles are going to be built for up front. the rears should be fine. I think anyway. I'll find out this weekend or early next week.

The wheels are Wedsports TC105N 18x10.5 +12

Good thing I'm not in public or I wouldn't be able to stand up for a while. Those are dead sexy.

How is the rest of the car coming along? Any idea when you'll get it onto a track?

I never have nor will put a deadline on when the car will be done. It is moving along at it's normal pace. slow. LOL Right now I'm missing a knuckle because it is at frontline fabrication being measured so the billet units can be modeled and made. i'm going to keep plugging away at the rear of the car while that is being done. :)

:d:d

Attachments

• facebook_like_button_big1.jpg
    facebook_like_button_big1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,312
That's a lot of rubber Kevin and it looks great! What's the build plans for whats going under the hood to get those things turning, same 3065 setup?

I briefly remember Andrew blowing up P/S racks running that much tire, do you have something in the works so the same doesn't happen to you?

:dsm:

That's a lot of rubber Kevin and it looks great! What's the build plans for whats going under the hood to get those things turning, same 3065 setup?

I briefly remember Andrew blowing up P/S racks running that much tire, do you have something in the works so the same doesn't happen to you?

:dsm:

Turbo will be something like a FP HTA GT3582R or an Borg 8374EFR turbo . 2.3 or 2.4 with fairly high compression. That the plan right now anyway.

On the rack I have most of that figured out thanks to Andrew.

Good luck with keepin the trans in one piece brother LOL. Looks good tho.

Looks good man!:thumb: Keep up the good work. What tracks are you looking at running on because I don't think thers is any road courses here in Idaho LOL

So the easiest way to do this is to first scribe your initial cut line. The fastest and easiest way is to just place your hand on the edge of the tire on center at your desired distance. Then slowly roll the tire both direction slowly. This will give you a perfect copy of the tires arc right on the fender. Then I just used my angle grinder with a thin cut off wheel and cut along the line. For touch up and final shaping I used a flapper disc. Now it is time to order some metal and pull out the welder.

558766_10151858204412564_1600608874_n_zps142d53f8.jpg

21030_10151858205362564_1760996112_n_zpsff0d644f.jpg

64194_10151858203832564_354176528_n_zpsdf90586a.jpg

383003_10151858204137564_1548293523_n_zps0b1a8206.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your build is pretty much my dream DSM that one day ill pay someone to do xD because theres no way i could build something this great! awesome work :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back