The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

greengoblin's AWD Project

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
Let see it’s been a while. Well I have my drysump tank now. So let sow of some bling pics first. The tank was built by AH Fabrication . They have top notch service and very rapid turn around. I was super impressed with them!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
Let see it’s been a while. Well I have my drysump tank now. So let sow of some bling pics first. The tank was built by AH Fabrication . They have top notch service and very rapid turn around. I was super impressed with them!

Looks great, i actually rang AH the other day to talk to them weird you end up with a product from them. Maybe it was a weird instinct thing to call them

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
Looks great, i actually rang AH the other day to talk to them weird you end up with a product from them. Maybe it was a weird instinct thing to call them
I plan on getting a few more things from them. They make some really nice oil coolers and they are priced reasonably.

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
A custom radiator is going to be built for the car and with how tight the packaging is a full mock up one is being built out of wood. It’s cheap, fast to build and allows me to visualize everything. The lower mounts are going to use locating pins on the bottom of the radiator and two brackets welded on the core and splitter support that have rubber bushings. I’m not sure on the top mount just yet.

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
I plan on getting a few more things from them. They make some really nice oil coolers and they are priced reasonably.
They do make some nice stuff. I had a wonder around the site last week. Im getting my cores from a company here for rad and oil and gonna make my own but they air cooled rather then water cooled.

Rad project is looking good. That all being enclosed in so that rad fan can pull in air through the system? Any reason for pusher rather then a puller at the back to open up the whole surface area on the front for air flow?

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
It will have sealed ducting. I went with a pusher to keep the fan away from the exhaust heat and to allow room for a larger turbo down the road.
Planning ahead for the turbo. Always the way. That way its done once and saves money down the road.

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
Fire wall design, mock up and cut out. Pencils, markers, cardboard tape measure, laser, nibbler,grinder, cleco clips ,madness and guessing. Good times. I still have more to do.

Last edited:

godschylde777

Proven Member
Jun 3, 2009
houston, Texas
Hey bro. How are you? I remember our conversation when you said it would never be done. However, I understand now. It is food for the mind to have something to accomplish. I finished mine, let it sit for three years, then went back and did things I wanted to do back in the days. She has transformed so much. I will post new completed pics in about two weeks with dyno sheets, God willing.

This car is absolutely amazing. I would love one day to fly down and help for a few days.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds