The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Green Machine 1g n/a to turbo

Spleen8urLSX

Proven Member
Dec 26, 2017
Elyria, Ohio
Looks like it’s coming together well! If the non turbo cams are still good don’t hesitate to opt for those, when we had my car on the dyno with a completely stock non turbo 6 bolt long block and a 16g the non turbo cams seemed to have carried out a bit further than what would typically be seen with “turbo cams”. It almost negates the age old theory that one of the turbo cams is slightly more aggressive than it’s non turbo counterpart. Wether that’s true or not I can’t say but was definitely interesting none the less, and we found out either way the non turbo cams were good for 283 at the wheels on a low reading Mustang dyno on pump gas. Need any help with the non turbo to turbo differences don’t hesitate to ask, from my vehicle profile below you can see I’ve been down that road before.

blktalon3

Supporting VIP
Aug 30, 2006
Stanford, Kentucky
How did you do the main seal with it on the stand? I was wondering how people went about that when I finally got mine on the stand. Seems like the one thing you can’t really get to properly.
You have to take it off or at least that’s easier. Lol. Lift it with the hoist, so you can get the engine stand mount off and then put the housing on it and then put it back in the stand.

Looks like it’s coming together well! If the non turbo cams are still good don’t hesitate to opt for those, when we had my car on the dyno with a completely stock non turbo 6 bolt long block and a 16g the non turbo cams seemed to have carried out a bit further than what would typically be seen with “turbo cams”. It almost negates the age old theory that one of the turbo cams is slightly more aggressive than it’s non turbo counterpart. Wether that’s true or not I can’t say but was definitely interesting none the less, and we found out either way the non turbo cams were good for 283 at the wheels on a low reading Mustang dyno on pump gas. Need any help with the non turbo to turbo differences don’t hesitate to ask, from my vehicle profile below you can see I’ve been down that road before.
Thanks for that tip about the cams. I keep that in mind. 👍

DreamChaser7

Supporting VIP
Jul 18, 2019
Valrico, Florida
You have to take it off or at least that’s easier. Lol. Lift it with the hoist, so you can get the engine stand mount off and then put the housing on it and then put it back in the stand.
That's what I was thinking would be obvious, just making sure you didn't have a work around based on the pic and description. Guess I took it like you did it on the stand somehow LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds