The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Greddy Type S adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetford

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2002
Wickliffe, Kentucky
Ok, I have done a search and did not find my answer. I bought a Greddy type S BOV new and got the instructions in Japanese, so now I have some questions. Can someone tell me why the bov is adjustable? I installed it on my car, did not change any adjustments and everything works fine. The sticker on top of the bov says hard or soft, exactly what will change by screwing with this adjustment? Thanks for any help.

Steve

I'm pretty sure it tightens the spring so that under race conditions (where you are on and off the gas quickly) the valve can snap shut really fast insuring that you keep your boost :) . On the street or just messing around, you can set it to "soft" so that it doesn't snap shut as fast as "hard", but will open much faster, preventing cmpressor surge. I had the same BOV on my car and messed with this setting but didn't notice much of a difference. Then again I was running about 15psi wich isn't too much anyway. Some guy on evolutionm.net did an actual vaccum test (set at 19 psi like the evolution's stock boost) and determined that at "soft" it tends to leak while at "hard" it is much more accurate. These are just the facts that I have collected so far.

i too have the greddy unit. i left the adjustment as it came, in the middle of hard and soft. and i liked it, then my freind was next to me driving, and he said it sounded like a crappy hks sequential, with the weird popoff sound. so i made it softer, but it only made it worse, so i made it a little more on the hard side, and i love it now.

oh and if you dont have both nipples hooked up, the only thing youre really adjusting is the sound. its ok for just the one to be hooked up, but if youre really smart and know how to hook both up, youll have a super fast and crisp sounding bov.

i have greddy IC piping and the Type S and a apex cone style air filter and a MBC set at 15-16, i had the Type S BOV sounding really good....and i then installed a 3"intake pipe from the turbo to the MAF and when i let off of the gas i didnt get that "ppssshhhhhhh" sound anymore...it was TOTALLY gone, so i adjusted it to harder and it is now making good sounds :thumb:

Thomas91169 said:
oh and if you dont have both nipples hooked up, the only thing youre really adjusting is the sound. .

The way the article describes it sounds like it's not really adjusting anything at all if you don't have both nipples hooked up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back