The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Great history of DSM video

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is really cool. At the 3:00 minute mark, you can see one of the rarest versions of a 1G, which is a 6 bolt N/A AWD unit with the turbo bumpers but has foldable side mirrors and side markers on the fenders, for the European market. I've only seen one of those ever. Also you can see they are celebrating an export shipping ceremony, date is Oct 18, 1989.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I watched that video like 3 days ago! I'm not a fan of his deadpan narration, but this video was pretty awesome. So cool to see old pictures and photos of these great cars.

1G, which is a 6 bolt N/A AWD unit with the turbo bumpers but has foldable side mirrors and side markers on the fenders, for the European market.
This sounds like the DSM equivalent of a Turducken ROFL

This is really cool. At the 3:00 minute mark, you can see one of the rarest versions of a 1G, which is a 6 bolt N/A AWD unit with the turbo bumpers but has foldable side mirrors and side markers on the fenders, for the European market. I've only seen one of those ever. Also you can see they are celebrating an export shipping ceremony, date is Oct 18, 1989.

Wroooong.. It's a "JDM" GSR-4 version I think.. EDM N/A cars had full-yellow cornerlights and MANUAL seatbelts..

Japan export Eclipses was a strange mix of EDM & USDM cars: got side turn signals on the fenders, usa spec cornerlights, and automatic seatbelts. ugly EDM mirrors and 15" wheels..

Wroooong.. It's a "JDM" GSR-4 version I think.. EDM N/A cars had full-yellow cornerlights and MANUAL seatbelts..

Japan export Eclipses was a strange mix of EDM & USDM cars: got side turn signals on the fenders, usa spec cornerlights, and automatic seatbelts. ugly EDM mirrors and 15" wheels..
Hah, it very well could be! I keep forgetting they sold a few thousand officially in Japan.

Correct. Those are JDM Eclipse.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back