The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Got my new credit card today. Whoop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rampridersrider

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2004
Missouri
Just wanted to say that I got my new credit card in today. I only wanted it in case I get laid off for work and what not. I am going to order a new turbo though with it. Something like a 14b are maybe a 16g, used, just for now to have fun with and also to get my GSX moving again so I don't have to drive my ****ing slow ass Audi anymore. I have a lot larger limit than I wanted, 2,500, but what can yah do. Just felt like sharing.

No worries mates. Just got it in case of emergencies and shit. And I need to get my GSX fixed yah know.

ehh i hate credit cards.. I got my self in some crazy shit with them when i was 18.. No good..

Don't get me wrong. Plastic is great, but only when it's a debit card. That's how I pay for everything now. I never go below the mark I set for myself. :thumb:

I know of a lot of people who ended up declaring bankruptcy at a young age due to credit cards and their own irresponsibility. I have no respect for people who are financialy irresponsible. Too bad there is no more debtors prison.

Running a credit card is dangerous but being able to keep yourself in control is responsibility....Honestly get a credit card as young as possible if you think you can keep yourself in control. I have had one since I was 16 and I Am building up my credit and I dont pay a single dime for my credit card. What is nice is they keep expanding your line of credit for how long you have it.

Currently I put mine back down to a 2000 limit as it is used for mostly car parts.

ALWAYS CHARGE PARTS TO A CREDIT CARD!!!! If you use debit, cash, check or anything else and ebay/paypal/someone rips you off your money is gone!!! PLAIN GONE!! With a credit card you can dispute a charge and you are protected. Trust me I have used that protection a few times as en ebay guy that cancelled an order still tried to take money, so I just disputed it with my credit card company (real quick easy call) and they take care of everything.
If you can handle it, it is like having a big ####jing bouncer walking with you always. IF you ####ing dont pay it, itll beat the shit outta you, but if you keep up with it then that will mean you always have protection, and theyll beat the shit outta other people without you having to deal with the person that ripped you off..

ALWAYS CHARGE PARTS TO A CREDIT CARD!!!! If you use debit, cash, check or anything else and ebay/paypal/someone rips you off your money is gone!!! PLAIN GONE!! With a credit card you can dispute a charge and you are protected.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.

Be real careful with the credit cards...Im in my last year of college and I have 3....one is maxed out at $3,000, one has a credit line of $2,000, which I have a balance of 1500 on. The final card has a limit of $6000 and I have about 1500-2000 charged on it. Before I get flamed, please realize that I had to put books and tuition on my cards or else I wouldnt be in school right now...Im not super-irresponsible. (although I do have a bad habit of putting useless shit on my cards like clothes and food)

Im not looking forward to gettin outta school, Ill probably be $7000 deep in credit card debt and 30,000 deep in sudent loans...........

Anyone got any advice on this?

Credit Cards+DSM=bad

but i use my one CC to buy parts, but only if i have double the amount of the parts total in my checking account, so when the bill comes in, i can pay it off and still have money. plus with larger orders, some debit cards only allow a certain amount spent in one day. i had to order my roush kit+tips with my CC(1200$) cause even after having the bank release the cards limit for a day, it still wouldnt go through. i just got the bill today and its being paid off tomorrow.

just be smart and dont max shit out.

I've had a credit card since I was 16 and I have always been responsible with it. I now am 21 and have a $7500 limit on a Platinum rewards card that nets me 2% cash back and a fixed apr of 9.99%. All I do is put gas on it every month and books once a semester. I pay it off EVERY month though. As for buying car parts; I usually only buy from vendors or from friends of mine where the cash transaction puts the part in my hand at that moment. Just be careful and keep track of your purchases because it can add up fast. Who knew I could spend almost $300 on gas in a monthWTF (Lot's of travel inbetween school and home).

Anson

I used to be like many of you, had 2 cards and a debit card, no balanced at the end of the month because I paid everything off. I had 0% interest as long as I paid per month at least 20% of my balance. It was great, then I ran into some trouble as I started more charging for school books, gas, food, clothes, gf, etc etc. Then I started getting speeding and careless driving tickets like nuts, which I put onto credit. Right now I have only about 3000 left, out of a total of around 12000 debt which I was in a year ago.

Way to get out of debt:

1. Call your credit companys and tell them to stop letting you use the card.
2. Call a new company and ask for a high limit, low interest card and ask for a free balance transfer. I have 2 cards right now about 2000 on one and 1000 on another, trying to find a place to gimme around 4000 so I can transfer and make it through the last 2 months of my education, and have a little comfort zone for any problems. When I transfer the balances to one card, I can start sending a single card company 250$ checks, which will end me up with a zero balance in a year. I am paying around 150 to each card right now, so its like I am pocketing 50$ and killing the 21% interest they are charging me.
3. Cancel your other cards, or leave them at home. It will look good on your credit if you show them you have multiple credit cards, but still have no debts.
4. Go to bank of america and open a saving account and checking account. This will be your new credit card, its like a prepaid credit card and its called debit. Sign up for their spare change program, which means when you spend .87c at the grocery, they take a full dollar from your checking account, and deposit the change in your savings. This may seem useless, but they also match that amount! so 13 and 13 is 26 cents. Now imagine McDonalds dollar menu, 1.05 for a small coke, $2 charged, 95 from your account and 95 to match = 1.90. Which means you spent .15 cents on a small coke from mcd, and your saving account is growing. They give you some low interest on it too.
5. Go to the bank if you can not find a credit card company to cover your balances and ask for a personal loan. The interest is around 12-14%, but its like a payment plan to save yourself. They give you CASH in the amount you request, based on your income, and you can pay off the high interest credit cards. Then with the payment plan, you can be done with your debts in a year, two years, four years, or whatever you can afford a month. The people there will really help you.

Lotta information in this thread, just be wise with your credit cards, they can make you and or break you.

^^^good info, debt consolidation. there are companies that do it for you, but only if youre in like 10k+, if youre under that, you either get smart (by consolidating them yourself)or pay each off individually the long hard way.

Let me tell you first hand credit cards are the devil. when I was younger I racked up about 10k in car part debt, and then the car was stolen. Now I have all the debt and none of the part and its pretty ###. Be careful beause it's easy to get caught up in debt. I know it was dumb but lucky for me I've never had to pay a dime in intrest over the past 2 years, thank you 0% intrest :thumb:

napkinthief said:
I used to be like many of you, had 2 cards and a debit card, no balanced at the end of the month because I paid everything off. I had 0% interest as long as I paid per month at least 20% of my balance. It was great, then I ran into some trouble as I started more charging for school books, gas, food, clothes, gf, etc etc. Then I started getting speeding and careless driving tickets like nuts, which I put onto credit. Right now I have only about 3000 left, out of a total of around 12000 debt which I was in a year ago.

Way to get out of debt:

1. Call your credit companys and tell them to stop letting you use the card.
2. Call a new company and ask for a high limit, low interest card and ask for a free balance transfer. I have 2 cards right now about 2000 on one and 1000 on another, trying to find a place to gimme around 4000 so I can transfer and make it through the last 2 months of my education, and have a little comfort zone for any problems. When I transfer the balances to one card, I can start sending a single card company 250$ checks, which will end me up with a zero balance in a year. I am paying around 150 to each card right now, so its like I am pocketing 50$ and killing the 21% interest they are charging me.
3. Cancel your other cards, or leave them at home. It will look good on your credit if you show them you have multiple credit cards, but still have no debts.
4. Go to bank of america and open a saving account and checking account. This will be your new credit card, its like a prepaid credit card and its called debit. Sign up for their spare change program, which means when you spend .87c at the grocery, they take a full dollar from your checking account, and deposit the change in your savings. This may seem useless, but they also match that amount! so 13 and 13 is 26 cents. Now imagine McDonalds dollar menu, 1.05 for a small coke, $2 charged, 95 from your account and 95 to match = 1.90. Which means you spent .15 cents on a small coke from mcd, and your saving account is growing. They give you some low interest on it too.
5. Go to the bank if you can not find a credit card company to cover your balances and ask for a personal loan. The interest is around 12-14%, but its like a payment plan to save yourself. They give you CASH in the amount you request, based on your income, and you can pay off the high interest credit cards. Then with the payment plan, you can be done with your debts in a year, two years, four years, or whatever you can afford a month. The people there will really help you.

Lotta information in this thread, just be wise with your credit cards, they can make you and or break you.

great ideas for people in ok amounts of debt. but with my credit rating i coudlnt get a personal loan WITH a co-signer that had great credit :)

my own fault and the way i fixed it was by getting a job that pays really well :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back