The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Got my car back from the Dealer!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstspyder1998

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2002
San Diego, California
Well I had to bring my car into the dealer to get the Timing belt (98500 miles on the car) fixed and all other accessory belts. My car was also running like ass so I was hoping they would find the problem. Well they found the problem, it was the oil seals leaking and the hydraulic tensioner was bad and needed to be replaced.

I will go ahead a list what was replaced on my car.

Parts Price

Belt A/C 25.02
Belt P/S 8.50
Belt Valve Timing 82.04
Belt Balancer Timing 31.34
Belt Alternator 21.71
Adjuster Timing Belt 72.94
Pulley, Timing Belt 29.50
Pulley, Timing Belt 36.54
Tensioner Balance 41.40
Oil Seal, Balancer 11.39
Oil Seal, Crankshaft 14.47
Oil Seal, Eng Oil 8.80
Oil Seal, Camshaft x2 17.50

Total 401.15 plus labor 344.19 @ 73.00 an hour

All in all it cost $735.00 and I'm happy that I got it fixed. My car runs like it's brand new again... Woo hoo!!!! :thumb:

All I can say is $73.00 an hour is expensive as shit.
Congrats on taking care of all of that, it's important.

-T

$73.00 an hour? Damn, I would have done it for you for $50 an hour, and everything would have been as good as new :p

Originally posted by Coup D E'Tat
$73.00 an hour? Damn, I would have done it for you for $50 an hour, and everything would have been as good as new :p
Sure you would have. Believe me, it's a bi*** of a commute from there. Oh, and $50 an hour won't rent you an apartment in Sandy Eggo. It'll barely buy lunch. Welcome to California, Please Bend Over.

Good work, Spyd. Better than $1500 for a used JDM motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back