The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

got me a new DD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97-gst

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2010
Radford, Virginia
I've been tryin to find me a good DD for my job, I tried my gsx first but after a little bit of DD it broke down LOL, then I bought me a jeep but that's a gas hog... I almost bought a rx7, but with the kid on the way I figured id pass... so I came across this 93 eclipse with the 1.8 so I jumped on the deal and bought it... the paints a little rough but all in all its a pretty nice car

Sorry but that purchase was stupid. You have a baby coming and you are searching for a 2door?

Thats not entirely true ... My gf has a 20mo old and he sits just fine in the back seat with his car seat. Not the best choice yes but its possible LOL.

Regardless the 1.8l eclipse is a great DD and very reliable.

Sorry but that purchase was stupid. You have a baby coming and you are searching for a 2door?

What is your deal?
It's still a reliable car and will be just fine for a baby.

Are you one of those people who if you have one kid / baby you automatically feel the need to buy some big ####ing barge Escalade / Tahoe / etc?

My first car was my 92 1.8L laser that I got from my mom.

I remember from the time I was 10 and my sister was 4, we always fit well enough in it. It wasnt until I was around 13-14 that I started being uncomfortable .

Girlfriend wants me to get rid of my talon for my baby...Not happening. But anyways, i was driven around in a corvette untill i was about 8 years old, so i think your child will be just fine unless your a road racing junkie. The 1.8L get great mileage!!

Ive got a 3yr old and she loves to sit in her car seat in the back and she loves the GSX :thumb: LOL.

but since its broken down on me all i hear from her is "when are you going to fix the eclipse?" LOL

But to the OP good choice

I rode comfortably in the back of a 71 stang until I was about 11 or 12.

If you can put up with pulling the carseat in and out of the back then go for it.

If not, then find something else.

If the girl bitches about the car seat in the back, tell her to lift some weights, or get her own damn car.

:thumb: I have a 97 GS as a daily driver and it is great! It is auto (great for DC traffic) has cold A/C and gets good MPG. Gas and Go! Saves the miles from my GSX and my G8GT.

i put my son in his infant car seat in the back of our '89 240sx which had no real backseat to speak of. it was more uncomfortable for me as a passenger than it was for anyone else. the reason i don't care to put his car seat in the back of the gst is it's too big and hits the hatch and doesn't sit real good on the seat itself. so it stays pretty much in my truck because it's easier on my back :D

2 door cars are probably not the best option for a youngin, but it is certainly doable. congrats on your new purchase and the upcoming baby :thumb:

What is your deal?
It's still a reliable car and will be just fine for a baby.

Are you one of those people who if you have one kid / baby you automatically feel the need to buy some big ####ing barge Escalade / Tahoe / etc?

My first car was my 92 1.8L laser that I got from my mom.

I remember from the time I was 10 and my sister was 4, we always fit well enough in it. It wasnt until I was around 13-14 that I started being uncomfortable .

You have no room to talk unless you have a baby and I mean an infant in a car seat and a 2 door car. Then you will know how much it sucks and how uncomfortable it is for everyone in the car. And my kid rides around in a normal 4door car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back