The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

got lit up by an r-33

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vertGST

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
Miramar, Florida
well tonight i went to a car show they have every friday night at tower shops. and there was a guy there who imports cars from japan. there was an evo 6 there and and r-33. i talked to the guy and he sells r-33s for 45k. to make a long story short. i ran into him on the highway on the way home and even though i never race i could not pass this oppurtunity up. i taunted him a little and then we took off ad he walked me like i have never been walked before. we ran up to about 125 and he pulled hard the whole way. i had to take that oppurtunity but damn it was worth it.

Brendon:dsm:

well at least you had the oppertunity. i doubt ill ever see a skylone on the road here.

hey can you get contact info for this guy? i want to import a car... really a skyline but i would live many other superpowers i could get:thumb:
so if you could get that info to me i would be very greatful. just PM me. thanks!

-mike:talon:

Dammit! As it turns out, I coulda made it up there too and could've hooked up with you, but didn't know it at the time. I've never seen a Skyline up close, and don't remember ever hearing of one being at Towers before. Maybe next week...

So how many car lengths did he get on you? And so you're saying you weren't trying hard when we left that light together after the meet a couple weeks ago? I wanna know! :|

this guy is from pine crest florida. if i go to towers next friday i will get his contact info.

doug honestly i can't even say. he just kept pulling and pulling and i was giving it everything i had. i think he let off at like 140-150because i was doign 125 when i let off. if i were to guess i would say 12-13 carlengths. like i said he lit me up nasty. i was thinking of calling you too doug. i should have. i am going next week definitly. you shoudl head out there. we will talk more this sunday at the meet.

There isn't a car out there that can touch a modded Skyline for a daily driver to me. It's a GSX on serious steroids...2 more cylinders, another liter of displacement, still AWD, and the capacity to make 1000+whp. All of that in a car that barely anyone owns, let alone drives daily. Plus they just look hard. I would be proud to be smoked by one.

Tom

i saw that car at the tower, it was pretty badass, hey if i go to that show again where should i park, people were being dicks not lettin people park with the same cars I have a dark green talon and i had to park way down by home depot, and to make it worse as i was leaving i got pulled over for haveing a dark license plate cover,WTF?? of well i'll be out on sunday at checkers are y'all going?:talon:

i will definitly be at the meeting at checkers sunday. i will be arriving between 9:30 and 9:45 due to the fact that i will just be getting off of work.

Not to mention the Skyline is a really, really good looking car. I mean, if you break it down technically, it's would appear boxy, but as Tom Sawyer said, it just looks mean. If I had 90K, it would be hard to decide between an '03 RS6 or R34 VspecII...

Skylines are amazing cars with awesome 2.5 liter motors. I live close to a rather wealthy city in Washington called Bellevue. I guess some guy imported a silver r33 skyline through Motorex or the sort. This is the only skyline I have ever seen - you are so lucky to have lined up next to one :cry:

Even though I would also get my a$$ smeared it would be well worth it. However, if you get a GSX and bore the motor to 2.4" + lotsa boost + lotsa fuel with forged internals you could at least hang with a modded skyline because of our weight advantage. The Skyline AWD system isn't much different from the GSX is it? I know nothing about AWD systems but have heard the Skyline transfers a lot of power to the rear wheels instead of the front.

http://www.exvitermini.com/mr33.htm

Check out this 8 second Skyline. The owner is running so much boost he said that boost control is for wussies so he doesn't control it at all! With anything - he just let's the turbos run to their full potential! He has hit 8 second ET's; worth a look for sure.

http://movies.exvitermini.com/896run.zip

WATCH AND DROOL!

Nice death dude. I would'nt be upset one bit. It's like stepping into the ring w/ an early Mike Tyson, you know what's coming. I would just like to see one in person. I bet it was fun.

L8R,

Stacy

i got to see one in real life once (outside of a car show too!). it was sitting in a mall up in LA. didnt get a chance to meet the owner, but i sure snaped myself some pics.

Attachments

• dsc01519.jpg
    dsc01519.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 286
here are pics of it from the sport compact nationsl at moroso.
*edit and thats the view i had the whole timeOMG

Attachments

• dscf0488.jpg
    dscf0488.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 236
Originally posted by Turbo 420a
Skylines are amazing cars with awesome 2.5 liter motors. I live close to a rather wealthy city in Washington called Bellevue. I guess some guy imported a silver r33 skyline through Motorex or the sort.

Ive seen tthat one and the blue R34 too :)

Originally posted by RuBiCaNT5X
Not to mention the Skyline is a really, really good looking car. I mean, if you break it down technically, it's would appear boxy, but as Tom Sawyer said, it just looks mean. If I had 90K, it would be hard to decide between an '03 RS6 or R34 VspecII...

Don't you guys think there is more to life than being really, really, really good looking? (If anyone gets the reference that would be super so I don't look like a jackass)

Originally posted by 800_Speed

Don't you guys think there is more to life than being really, really, really good looking? (If anyone gets the reference that would be super so I don't look like a jackass)

i got it, and i may have to use my 3cm cell phone to alert others.

So there's one person saying they're 3.0L and one person saying they're 2.5L
Don't be blasphemous to the skyline like that.
The GTRs are 2.6L stock. Some of the other lesser model skylines came with the rb25 (2.5L).

turbo 420a, are you talking about the silver skyline with the bronze/gold rims? cause i've seen the car around on a couple occasions. once down in the southcenter area and also again on i-90. theres also a guy where i live (renton/kent area) who owns a black r33. ran into him when he came into the hollywood video parking lot. bs'ed for a good 15 minutes til we went our seperate ways. those are the only two that i know of/seen. most likely there are others in our area though..

jey

I don't think that I have seen either of those two. I've seen the silver one I mentioned earlier twice - once at crossroads and the other in downtown Bellevue by Bellevue Square. I haven't gotten much more than a quick glance but it is a silver R33 with what looked like aftermarket 18's. And yes I'm positive it wasn't a bodykited Civic.. I can tell a Skyline when I see one :D

Originally posted by Turbo 420a
The Skyline AWD system isn't much different from the GSX is it?

It is, the skyline awd system is much better due to less drivetrain loss. The awd in the dsm has a pretty bad drivetrain loss (i think i heard about 22%), the skyline is only awd when it needs traction, otherwise it's RWD. Just phenomenal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back