The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

got into a new ride!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSiBER RYDER

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2003
Reno, Nevada
hey ya'll its been a while since i posted, but i just had to get into a new car while i finish off my 92 GSX project.
its a 2004 Evo GSR Weightless White. i was gonna keep it stock but the DSM'er in me took over. mods include: Vishnu Xede piggy-back FMU, Vishnu 3'' turbo-back exhaust, K&N panel filter, 06 evo metal bov, BCS restrictor pull, Wedsport 17x9 SA-70 wheels in bronze, 245/40/17 Bridgestone RE070's.
the handling and power of these cars is phenomenal. its worth every penny.
:dsm:

Attachments

• interior edit.JPG
    interior edit.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 452
  • close edit.JPG
    close edit.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 457
  • exhaust edit.JPG
    exhaust edit.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 460
  • far edit.JPG
    far edit.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 459
  • rear edit.JPG
    rear edit.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 457
  • evo front edit.JPG
    evo front edit.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 447
  • wheel edit.JPG
    wheel edit.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 452
thanks ya'll:thumb: just wait for a few months and itll have a TME 6.5 turbo w/ titanium wheels, 660's, cams and dyno tuning.

I'm very much envious Sweet ride dude I love Evos:thumb:

sexy!!! man, i wish i had an evo....

gsr eh... i am unfamiliar with the "models" of the evo, anyone care to break it down for me? from base to high end?

thanks
danny

c5chris said:

So you're saying that they finally brought the GSR model name to the US?

So I can walk into a dealer, and ask for a GSR and they'll know what I'm talking about?

Or is it still one of those deals where people think they're cool by calling it the JDM tight names?

I wish I can afford to get me one of those right now..Im really getting sick of my DSMs

thanks ya'll! yes they're referred to as GSR's or just a evo 8. there's also RS's and MR's

ericbev said:
Youll love that car until you try and remove the transmission.

ahaaha so true. we just pulled out my buddies MR tranny.....WOW. that was a monster.

the trasfercase was just as annoying becasue it was caught on the cross member and wedged against the block. it was awsome!:cool:

he sent both out to shep. :thumb:

Drift_SM said:
ahaaha so true. we just pulled out my buddies MR tranny.....WOW. that was a monster.

the trasfercase was just as annoying becasue it was caught on the cross member and wedged against the block. it was awsome!:cool:

he sent both out to shep. :thumb:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well first off, that x-fer case setup can jump off a cliff and die on impact. Why didnt they make it easy and wonderful like on the DSMs? When I saw those two stubby shafts going all the way through the x-fer case and the back/top of the tranny I went WTF :cry: . THEN you have to try and get that stupid thing out of there with the steering rack still in place which is IMPOSSIBLE. We removed the two stubbies and wedged the x-fercase on top of the bottom of the rack till the tranny was dropped. It was STILL a PITA to get it down even after the tranny was removed. I ended up dumping about a half a gallon of gear lube on my head from the supposedly empty (drained forever) case.

How about the rear mount bracket that is a HUGE mother and basically needs to be taken off to get the tranny down... Or the stupid 4 studs for the drverside mount that constantly fight the inside fender well as you try and remove the input shaft!!!! Lets not even get into that stupid ass clip that connects the TOB to the pressure plate fingers which you have to removed through a 2in inspection hole!!

That thing was headache central. Although I am supremely confident that I could do it like clockwork the next time around. He sent his tranny and his x-fercase to TRE which we will be reinstalling this weekend I believe. I will PM you some tips after its done just for good measure.

What did you guys do to get those stubby shafts out? Did you weld the bolt to the nut and attach it to a slide hammer? That sure worked nice for us.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back