The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Got in an accident yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWDlaserRS

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2002
New_Ipswich_NH
The other Day My friend Mike was giving me a ride home in his truck because my laser's registration needs to be renewed and Mikes GS-T no longer has brakes. Im going to mention now that its his mom's truck and it just had a new radiator put in it which was about $550. Anyways I live on a dirt road and mike usually drives fast down it in his car so he was going alittle fast in the truck too. Toward the end of the road there are some sharp corners and we were going a little fast, I said slow down a little, when I said this I wasn't afraid of going off the road I was afraid of another car coming. Well it turns out the Dakota didn't handle quite as well as DSM's do because the truck understeered and we slid head-on into a tree. Neither one of us was remotelly hurt but the truck was totaled. we were all like "SHIT!" within minutes the entire newipswich police force showed up along with the fire departement and an ambulence. (its a small town they have nothing else to do) They checked us over and asked us some questions and then let us go. Mike is now screwed because he got 2 tickets, one for speeding and one for not wearing a seatbelt, and on top of that he has to buy his mom a new truck! The moral of this story is if you have to drive fast then dont do it in a freaking truck. Buy a DSM:thumb:

Hey Don't start flaming me! I was not the one driving. And remember I told him to slow down. I live on that road and I always go slow because its a blind corner and theres so many damn potholes.

People assume things, and start blinding flaming people, being ignorant and pointing out the obvoius, which doesn't need pointing out.

It is quite obvious this guy is not to bright to relize that a truck handles quite a bit more different than a car. No need to point it out.

The only thing I would change in your story is the moral. It should be "Drive safe, expecialy when you are driving someone elses car"

Anyway, glad to hear your alright. No full coverage?

No thats the part that sucks, He only had liability. His mom was pretty PO'ed because just a little while ago she had told him to stop driving fast.
By the way the thing about the truck not handling like a car was implyed to be sarcastic, not serious. Obviously mike didn't think about this though.

what a baffoon. do we care that much to show off our abilities when in actuality, we posses less than we percieve to believe? (dont answer that, its rhetorical)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back