The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Got In An Accident! Am I At Fault?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here is an Attorney Directory for california. All good lawyers. Use this to find someone near you my friend and get ALL YOU CAN.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nope, not really. The case was dropped which I still think is totally unfair considering the police report, my agent and their agent all said it was her fault. The second guy didnt even ask me for my side of the story.

This all happenend right before the holidays so there was really no time to go through the whole process of taking her to court.

Plus, there was virtually no damage done to my car, the same cant be said about hers. Also, my Talon had bigger problems to worry about. I sold the car after I found a pristine 92 awd laser. It sucks but in the end everything turned out ok.

You had the right away. I just got in a wreck that totalled my 95 awd white talon and put me and my g/f in the hospital, it looked like it was giogn to be a 50/50 accident but I had it turn in my favor of 80/20

You had the right away. I just got in a wreck that totalled my 95 awd white talon and put me and my g/f in the hospital, it looked like it was giogn to be a 50/50 accident but I had it turn in my favor of 80/20

Yeah there was so much stuff against her that everyone I talked to said it was going to be 100 percent her fault.

She had no lights on.

She only had a permit. No adult in car.

She was driving a 16 year old, and a 9 year old.

Crossed two lanes without any signaling of any type.

The thing that confuses me is how her second agent could say there wasnt enough evidence to make a rational decision on who was at fault. WTF

Insurance companies will do ANYTHING to get out of having to pay a claim. I just came to a stop in my highschool parking lot trying to get out like usual. I wasn't hot rodding or driving fast. Hell I just pulled out of a spot the car wasn't even warmed up yet. Anyways some dumb ass in a 92 Plymouth Duster thought he was hot shit and pulled out like a mad man. He rear ended my driver side door. He hit it so hard that I couldn't even open my door. Like he wasn't just pulling out he was like speed racer and trixie was at home all hot n horny...
Anyways, my insurance company tried to fight with his but they tried to tell me it was my fault because I pulled out in front of him while he was backing up :WTF:
Anyways I ended up driving the car while the insurance people were going at it and then it caught on fire....so needless to say I was a bit pissed about the whole month.
If anyone's reading this in the future. If your insurance company denies your claim on something rediculous like Booster Shots accident or my own....get a lawyer. The companies will pull shit out of their asses to try and get out of it....

Maybe I'm a lucky one. I hit a box spring mattress at 65 MPH and it did $3,800WTF of damage. Yea I know, kind of a lot for a mattress right? It did damage end to end on my car. Needless to say, my :)tease: )car lost.

But still my insurance company paid me in full (minus my $250 deductable). :thumb: Of coarse though, I took lots of photos and had a state trooper and the tow truck guy as witnesses that saw the mattres. :D

Same thing happened to be last summer except an off duty cop cut me off. The two cops conspired and they said it was my fault (rediculous) but the insurance company believed me and so they settled it as a no fault. But in your case it really depends on the police report. Good luck.

Yeah there was so much stuff against her that everyone I talked to said it was going to be 100 percent her fault.

She had no lights on.

She only had a permit. No adult in car.

She was driving a 16 year old, and a 9 year old.

Crossed two lanes without any signaling of any type.

The thing that confuses me is how her second agent could say there wasnt enough evidence to make a rational decision on who was at fault. WTF

she was driving illegal... they should pin it on her just for that.

Insurance companies will do ANYTHING to get out of having to pay a claim. I just came to a stop in my highschool parking lot trying to get out like usual. I wasn't hot rodding or driving fast. Hell I just pulled out of a spot the car wasn't even warmed up yet. Anyways some dumb ass in a 92 Plymouth Duster thought he was hot shit and pulled out like a mad man. He rear ended my driver side door. He hit it so hard that I couldn't even open my door. Like he wasn't just pulling out he was like speed racer and trixie was at home all hot n horny...
Anyways, my insurance company tried to fight with his but they tried to tell me it was my fault because I pulled out in front of him while he was backing up :WTF:
Anyways I ended up driving the car while the insurance people were going at it and then it caught on fire....so needless to say I was a bit pissed about the whole month.
If anyone's reading this in the future. If your insurance company denies your claim on something rediculous like Booster Shots accident or my own....get a lawyer. The companies will pull shit out of their asses to try and get out of it....

Yes totally agreed.

She ran a red light, she turned in front of me without yielding, was not wearing her seat belt. Also, she posted pics on her myspace of her driving with no hands on the wheels, she also messaged me and told me she did not remember anything about the wreck, which mean she lied on the police report, which is a felony.

They said I was speeding, and it was " wet " out. It was dry and I didnt speed, I can't going into that intersetion, my car sat way to low, they lost. I down-shifted to slow down.

She then also said she saw me coming and speed up. Then why the #### did you turn in front of me.

Needless to say, it should have been all her fault, but I'll take it not being on my record.

Seeing shit like this makes me very angry. Insurance company's are SO shady. When it's time to pay up, they slap you around like a lil bi***. Just look at all those poor folks that have been taking it in the poop chute from katrina. They have been dicking around with insurance companys for what over a year? Alot of people still havent seen a dime. My talon got totaled last year and i had to beat around the bush for over a month cause the dumb blonde who hit me had some online insurance company. Anyways, i got a check for $1200 dollars and my car was totaled.

Same thing happened to be last summer except an off duty cop cut me off. The two cops conspired and they said it was my fault (rediculous) but the insurance company believed me and so they settled it as a no fault. But in your case it really depends on the police report. Good luck.

The police report stated that it was 100 percent her fault. However, her company claimed that since the officers didnt see the accident that they could not judge who was at fault.

:barf: :beatentodeath: :toobad: :rolleyes:

Like I said, I ended up selling my thrashed talon for 1000 and bought a running 92 awd laser for 800 out the door. In the end it all turned out alright.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back