The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

got in a car crash need an opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98gst12

Probationary Member
Aug 23, 2012
modesto, California
okay so i got in a wreck a guy hit my gst on the driver side the frame is bent.the guy didnt yield hit me and said its my fault and said my lights were off it was around 9-9:30 so i told him u didnt yield correctly so we exchanged info and now the insurance is saying he got a witness which is impossible cause no one was around except me my cousins and the other guy.just need an opinion

You got it. Your the one who got t-boned. And you have a witness to. Only thing is if he's lying about the witness you can call it out like if he was really there what color what my car or some bull stuff to get his "witness" to seem like BS.

If u parting out let me know :D other than that hoped u had full coverage. if it was my car first thing ill ask him is do u have insurance. If not ill lay him out right where he stand. Now what you have to do is explain your story on what happen. Stick to your story and you will be fine.

Yeah just make sure when you file the claim that you tell your side of the story, its up to the insurance companies to decide who is at fault but most likely it may be him. But if you forgot to turn on your lights that may be something. Your suppose to have you lights on like 1 hour before the sun goes down or something.

so today they told me theyll cover 75% of the damage because they think i was speeding i dont get how theyll do that cause my frame is pushed in bad by the front fender and by the door so do they just go off kbb and pay 75% of that and i will part my car out everthing rims,suspension,engine tranny,bov,front mount intercooler a ecm lnk ecu and alot im forgeting thanks

the rims are 18 inch oz superleggers with good tires all the way around

so today they told me theyll cover 75% of the damage because they think i was speeding i dont get how theyll do that cause my frame is pushed in bad by the front fender and by the door so do they just go off kbb and pay 75% of that and i will part my car out everthing rims,suspension,engine tranny,bov,front mount intercooler a ecm lnk ecu and alot im forgeting thanks

the rims are 18 inch oz superleggers with good tires all the way around

f those insurance people bro. cheap mofo has arms wide open when you dump money into their company but when shit goes down they act like oh we aint gonna pay you for what its worth. ive seen kbb and that shit is stupid. ripping people off. sucks to see if you decide to part out the car but if it hit the frame no point of going on. like i said b4 i need some parts and looks like you are my man.:thumb::thumb:
pm me your number and ill come by to pick up some parts. im from stockton so we aint that far away from each other. good luck with part out bro.

tonyspyder:hellyeah::hellyeah:

got some pics tell me if u think its totaled

Attachments

• eclipse damage 5.jpg
    eclipse damage 5.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 102
  • eclipse damage 4.jpg
    eclipse damage 4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 89
Just remove the door, fender, and rocker panels. That way you can really get a good look at what your really dealing with.

Sorry to hear about the accident. You can try to prove the guy was 100% at fault if you take pictures of the area and any skid marks and stuff like that. Make your case the best you can and tell the insurance company you weren't speeding. Unless you were, then they might have you. Either way, take the insurance money, the part out money, and some budgeted upgrade money and buy my gsx! :D

theres no proof of you speeding, no radars ect. ect.. cheap insurance company will just try some off the wall B.S. to make you settle quick. thats why i have AAA.. and on you go.. no question ask.

theres no proof of you speeding, no radars ect. ect.. cheap insurance company will just try some off the wall B.S. to make you settle quick. thats why i have AAA.. and on you go.. no question ask.

true that. cheap insurance will try anything to get a settlement and shake hands with the other insurance afterwards. im with progressive and i can tell you i pay 200 a month on my dsm:notgood: the look of that damage is a done deal. even if you take off the door get a new fender you will be having problem closing the door or some misc problem. dont accept their offer of 75 percent LOL first time in my life i heard something like that. dont settle at all. go see a doctor get your money. say your neck hurts or back or something. stick with your story. good luck

Sorry to hear about the accident. You can try to prove the guy was 100% at fault if you take pictures of the area and any skid marks and stuff like that. Make your case the best you can and tell the insurance company you weren't speeding. Unless you were, then they might have you. Either way, take the insurance money, the part out money, and some budgeted upgrade money and buy my gsx! :D

i wish that would be awsome i really want another gst or gsx but as it looks right now its either totaled or they want to tow it to a body shop and pay 75% of the damage i have no money im 19 and got no job i got this car flipping hondas and now i might just be screwed

Open the door and take a picture of the door hinge area. That will tell you if its salvageable or not.

Doesn't look too tho.

the door is complety stuck shut and the part where the fender bolts up is push in where my clutch pedal is

i wish that would be awsome i really want another gst or gsx but as it looks right now its either totaled or they want to tow it to a body shop and pay 75% of the damage i have no money im 19 and got no job i got this car flipping hondas and now i might just be screwed

the door is complety stuck shut and the part where the fender bolts up is push in where my clutch pedal is

Well you can still get a payout on the car and then pay the salvage price to keep the car from the insurance company/crusher. That will give you a chance to part it out or drive it listing to the left for the rest of its' life.

But at the end of the day, queue the queen music on that bad boy: Queen - 'Another one bites the dust' music video - YouTube

I would have beat his ass stupid... my car is my baby...### with it and its an automatic beatdown....

On another note... its fixable clearly it looks that he was wrong so...no worries you'll be ok although it sucks...

Good luck

ok so i deceded im parting out so pm me for my number

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back