The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Got called out at work tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9d2TSi

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2003
Battle Creek, Michigan
I have now had the most interesting race call out yet. A guy with a Neon wants some. No it's not an SRT4, I would take it a bit more seriously if it was. All that I know about his car is that it has a 50 shot. I read the part about no bench racing. But as I am very confident that I will destroy this car, I won't ask it you guys, "Do you think that I can win". So I just thought that I might share that and let you guys know by how many buslengths I give it to him by. :p ;) :laugh:

:talon:

yeah from the looks of your mods you should bet some money on this one, heh :thumb:

:laugh: bus lengths, that's a good one, yeah throw down some moolah on it..nothin like takin money from a little cocky neon

Just out of morbid curiosity, why is your base FP set so low?

LOL, I have had the same thing happen, I dont believe in street racing anymore, and the idiots around here NEVER come to the track when i challenge them to.

Anyways, offtopic slightly, anyone ever notice we never get a follow-up whenever someone posts one of these "Bench Racing" threads? :( I kinda wanted to know what happened on a couple of em. Bastards.

psychlow said:
Just out of morbid curiosity, why is your base FP set so low?

I did that because if it's set any higher, it has a tendency to bog and shudder @3K. I had it set at 40 like others said and it would barely even run. On top of that I had to set my afc really high (-40+) to get it remotely close. I set it at 30 and it runs like a raped ape. :thumb:

Ghost, I guess that I had the wrong def of bench racing?

LOL, no i dont mean you really, I just mean all the Bench Racing threads that have been on here you know the ones

"my bro is gonna race this guy and he has this and that guy has this, who do you think is gonna win"

that kinda stuff. Ive read like 4 or 5 "Going to Happen" races, and i never see any follow ups :( IT would be atleast curtious to post what happened andstuff ^_^

9d2TSi said:
I had it set at 40 like others said and it would barely even run. On top of that I had to set my afc really high (-40+) to get it remotely close. I set it at 30 and it runs like a raped ape. :thumb:

Ghost, I guess that I had the wrong def of bench racing?

I find that interesting... I'm experiencing the same thing. I think it might be because we upgraded our stock fuel lines.

i think he saw a little 2 much 2F2F and thinks 50 shot will pull on turbo AWD!..hahaha....take one home for the DSMS!

psychlow said:
I find that interesting... I'm experiencing the same thing. I think it might be because we upgraded our stock fuel lines.

Yep. I got rid of my stock fuel filter too, and thats a pretty good sized restriction.

Yeah Ghost, I see what you're saying. I will keep you guys informed. I accepted the challenge just waiting to see if the guy wants to go for it. I am also not doing it for free either.

9d2TSi said:
Yep. I got rid of my stock fuel filter too, and thats a pretty good sized restriction.
Yeah... I went to 3/8'' lines from 3/16''... effectively doubling the size of the line.

When you look at it as a function of area, it's more than 3.6 times the size...

I've got some 3/8'' to -6AN adapters coming, so my fuel filter's going bye-bye as well....

psychlow said:
Yeah... I went to 3/8'' lines from 3/16''... effectively doubling the size of the line.

When you look at it as a function of area, it's more than 3.6 times the size...

I've got some 3/8'' to -6AN adapters coming, so my fuel filter's going bye-bye as well....

Won't that just wear your fuel pump out faster because it has to work harder to make the same amount of pressure that it would on stock lines?

Aikouka said:
Won't that just wear your fuel pump out faster because it has to work harder to make the same amount of pressure that it would on stock lines?

I am not sure, but I would think that your pump wouldn't have to work as hard. The reason being that your only restriction now would be the afpr. Your fuel system would be more efficient. I could be wrong though.

Sorry guys, I have been out of town for a friends wedding and I haven't heard from the guy. I will keep you guys posted on what happens though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back