The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Got bikes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not to rub it in, but how does your bike get stolen? curious not sarcastic. I am very paranoid and am wondering so i can try to eliminate. I know mine probably isn't worth stealing, but it's MY bike and I like it. Did you not lock the steering? I usually don't lock mine at home or when i leave it parked next to a bunch of new bikes. Who steals the 88 750r ove an R6?

When my bf got his stolen, it was pretty much a horrible feeling. I looked out the window and asked him if he had moved it in the garage. He said no, that he had just finished riding it. I was like, well..... IT'S GONE!!!! He didn't believe me at first, but when he realized I was serious, it was all bad. We found out the people that live like 4 houses away are the ones that stole it. They were caught in the act trying to steal our friends bike and had confessed to taking my bfs too. And, people will steal anything to strip it down and sell parts for money, doesn't matter what kind. And, locking the steering? Well, around 4 guys can easily carry a bike to the bed of a truck and take off. Not trying to make you more paranoid but if they really want it, they'll get it. For a while, we parked our bike inside of our apt. LOL :)

Yeah, but they cant out run a bullet, I sleep only about 6 hours a night and im a light sleeper...Plus I have motion sensors that make the door bell go off when people enter my driveway.

Theb95tsi. I wanted a bike pretty badly when I was 18 as well. I am now 20, going to school full time away from home. I assume living on my own, my parents see me as more responsible. They always told me I was too small to ride, but I'm 5'7, 145lbs. I guess its ### they grew up with 50cc mopeds in asia..haha.

In all honestly though, I look back now and I think "if I had ridden when i was 18, i woulda probably dropped it a few times already". Not to say that you arent cautious or immature, just that a year or two can really make a big difference. Yes I was racing at 18 and I still am now, but I'd like to think I'm older and a bit smarter about my decisions. Good luck with picking one up, I plan to get mine next year after I'm done with my dsm

Just got my first bike like 3 weeks ago. HD 1200 Sportster XLH (two tone red). I'll try to get some pics up of it. Now that I have one I cant stay off of it. Its addictive!

GSTeclipse said:
Here's my 05 Busa Red/Black has full exhaust , PC3R , Air Box mod , Lowered , 1 up front sprocket and 2 down rear . And now I sure do miss it.(damn theives )
for when you have just enough for a suzuki, and not enough for an aprilla

1fast97gsx said:
WTF happened to all the fairings?!

They got in my way. No need for them. :cool:

I think a bike should only have what you use. And I didn't use fairings.

im with ya man
i have 2 pieces of plastic on my bike
Tank cover nad rear fender (i hate getting wet from spray)

Here is a pic of my 03 f4i. I love going riding with a group of friends and it starts up everytime unlike my DSM where it makes me nervice everytime. Yes I still have it today cause I keep it in the living room of my apartment cause Im paranoid of thieves. It makes a nice centerpiece. :thumb:

Attachments

• smaller f4i pic.jpg
    smaller f4i pic.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 230
01 xz6r, love her, but she's being a little on the pos side right now, problems with the wiring after i had to remove the ignition to get a partial key out...
she's got full muzzy racing exhaust, rejetted, db dark smoked windscreen, -1 in front, +2 in back, rk xlink chain, undertail/fender elim with led blinkers, pilot roads, and now no power to the ignition. she'll be running soon though, she bettter be anyways...

and my starter bike, about the worst thing possible, a 90 kat 750. 505 lbs and all. i would def suggest starting out on a 250 or 500 bike. i guess i started on dirt bikes, but this was my first street bike. i basically traded with my brother for about 3 months and used his 250 ninja to learn on after i realised it was a bad idea to buy that beast to start with. the same rules apply to bikes as they do to cars. if you can drive a slow bike fast, you can learn to drive a fast bike much more skilled.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 232
  • blazin_5.jpg
    blazin_5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 228
Here is a pic of my 01' Yamaha R1.

Mods: Full ART exhaust w/removed packing
Rejetted and dyno tuned
JE pistons
oversized valves
and a couple other little things

The bike makes close to 200 whp.

Attachments

• bikebehindLside.JPG
    bikebehindLside.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 303
Your 01 r1 was carborated?? When did they fuel inject those??

99 R6 22000 miles and still runnin hard and even being totalled out by getting hit by a car.

PS. rowlex the yamis went fuel injected in 03':thumb:

Sam

Attachments

• the lake 139.jpg
    the lake 139.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 267
1gfromND said:

Damn, that sucks... I was hoping to get an "older" "cheaper" r1 in a couple years, but I don't want anything carborated... :cry:

NICE R6, looks like you put a lot of time/money into it, to bad some cager had to #### it up...

1gfromND said:
99 R6 22000 miles and still runnin hard and even being totalled out by getting hit by a car.

Sam

Not trying to prove you wrong just setting the faq's straight...

http://yzf-r1forum.net/old/Specs.html

2002 was the first year that Yamaha went to fuel injection.

I dont understand why everyone is so fascinated by EFI anyways a carbeurator can do a better job in most cases and way more cost effective.

my 01 r6 just hit 24k .. who says crotch rockets dont last!

Ive heard stories from people saying that they have had Honda sport bikes that lasted close to 100k. I personally wouldnt want a bike with more then 30k on it. I had a 00' GSXR 600 with 37k and it just didnt seem to have UMPHHH anymore if you know what I mean. Still fun to ride but wasnt the same. Besides a lot of it has to do with how you maintain it and how you ride it. A lot of people never get their valves adjusted, dont change the oil every 3k. I adjust my valves every 12k and change my oil every 2. Helps a lot in the long run. :thumb:

GO YAMAHA!

RedTurboEclipse said:
The only Honda I would buy are their bikes..

Here is my 01 F4i

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was looking to get an R6, but the first year they were fuel injected was 03 I think, and they were still 5-6k at the time still used for a clean one. And I was only willing to spend 4k. Either way both bikes are more than enough for a first time rider like myself. I've been riding for about a year now. In the future when I'm a better rider I want a 1000rr. Yes Im a squid!

I was being a craigslist whore and I happened to stumble on your ad on there. Thats too bad that you have to sell this bike. I like it a lot and if i could afford it i would so pick it up right now. Good luck on selling it and your move.

unlmtdndeavor said:
I was being a craigslist whore and I happened to stumble on your ad on there. Thats too bad that you have to sell this bike. I like it a lot and if i could afford it i would so pick it up right now. Good luck on selling it and your move.

Thanks man, I actually sold it the very next day I posted the ad. As you can see from the ad I am looking for a 2G. I just need a regular vehicle, my GSX is too nice too low and too modified to be driving around everyday, so what better to get another 2G. Not really the most smart thing to do with my intentions of being a daily driver, but this will be my 4th 2G and I havn't had any problems with any of them and I am just so use to them if a problem comes up, I'll know what to do. So if you know anybody local, let me know. The only problem is the amount of money I have to spend. So obviously it will be high mileage, but as long as it has been taken care of, I'm all for it.

well zach is going to sell his 2g in stock form soon. he's going awd and he found a chassis already. once the car smogs and gets put back to stock its going to be sold....fwd though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back