The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

got a question about a local car....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfer5567

Probationary Member
Aug 11, 2006
Aromas, California
so ive been talkin to sean from fftec a few times and im just tryin to do a lil research on the cars back ground and all that fun stuff. im not tryin to go behind his back or anything like that, im just trying to cover my own *** because ive been burned one too many times. so if any of you know this car or him can you give me some insite on the vehicle? this is going to be my ONLY means of transportation basically and i need it to be a reliable dd. mileage isnt THAT big of a deal because anything would be better then what im getting now(13mpg). also this would be my first dsm, but my 3rd awd turbo car. i am semi knowledgeable around an engine and my dad and i can trouble shoot fairly well. but i really dont want to hvae to be doing that everynight. i work from 8am to 11pm everyday so i really dont have the time to deal with something very unreliable. his car does seem very well pieced together, and seems like a reliable, FAST dd, but just one other opinions. i have no problem getting the car tuned down for dd and keeping a current map for track/race use either if that would bump up reliablitity at all.
thanks again!!!

Well, I know he drives his car from work to the shop all the time. The way he has it setup right now is for DD. If it was race only then you can bet his car would be super ridiculous fast (Not that it isn't now) I mean he has 400+awhp on low boost, mainly cus he wants to still maintain a comfortable drive here and there. I know Sean and he doesn't have anything to hide, the car is very well taken care of. After all is the shop car and is good to hear that the possible new owner has DSM experience rather than some punk kid that might destroy it. Keep us posted.

well actually this would be my first dsm, but im doin my research on the car before i even THINK of gettin one. i can tell you though, that if it did go to me i would take very good care of it. when i spoke with sean he seemed very open and not really trying to hide anything. i called a guy that has a gsx closer to me, and it was actually the owners brother who was selling it. well the brother didnt know that when i had my wrx i actually ran his brother a few times and he brother wasnt the best at luanching his car to say the least. i mean before i started explaining who i was and that i knew the history of the car he was kinda hesitant in telling me certain things. they are askin too much for the car though. 6k for a 91 with 118k miles and maybe...2k-3k in mods on top of a fresh engine(10k)? maybe? a little too much for the car. seans seems very good deal for the price.

that 91 gsx isnt worth it. a engine build wouldnt even cost 10k unless you did a big turbo upgrade and all the fuel mods.

i have personally riden in sean's car and i can tell you the car is FAST. he put down 430awhp on his dyno, which is roughly equivalent to 515 on a dynojet. how many 500+ hp cars can you get into everytime and startup with no problems. sean's car is nice...if you buy it you need to make sure it stays around...### i love that car

ya i would DEF make it stay around. im from the monterey area but id still come up every so often and show the car. i LOVE the sleeper status of the car. nice and clean. his car DEF. seems fast. i have yet to see it let alone ride in it, but from the build sheet and dyno plot, its intense. for the price its way more bang for the buck then anythin i have seen. comin from the wrx community ive seen some high numbers, but the 4g63 is just an awsome motor.

that 91 gsx i was lookin at didnt have 10k in the motor. it had 3k and about 10k miles on the motor since rebuild.

Well 430awhp on a mustang dyno. I'm sure those wrxs dyno at a dynojet which reads higher numbers. The wrx might have higher numbers but thats cus they are maxing out the car + use race gas. Sean isn't because he likes to maintain the driveability while having power and using 91 pump. Sean car can easily push more power but he choses not to..he is the owner.

Well you do the math, build shep tranny, fully built 2.0 motor revvin to 9k haha, all supporting mods possible, best tuning device AEM EMS, sleeper status and the list goes on. Pretty much a great deal like you said.

couldnt have said it better myself gst. and like i said, even if it gets 20mpg its almost twice as good as im getting now!!! btw i have a truck that im getting rid of if anyone knows someone who is lookin got buy :) but back on topic, what sean did is exactly what i would do if i bought a stock gsx. plain and simple. sleeper, fast, reliable. the difference is, is that im spending half the money and no time basically. i mean i can still tweak some things (suspension, exterior(not rice no worries), interior) and pretty much be done with the car.

Sean has earned my trust, and the car looks clean to me

surfer5567 said:
couldnt have said it better myself gst. and like i said, even if it gets 20mpg its almost twice as good as im getting now!!! btw i have a truck that im getting rid of if anyone knows someone who is lookin got buy :) but back on topic, what sean did is exactly what i would do if i bought a stock gsx. plain and simple. sleeper, fast, reliable. the difference is, is that im spending half the money and no time basically. i mean i can still tweak some things (suspension, exterior(not rice no worries), interior) and pretty much be done with the car.

theres honestly not much to tweak. suspension maye...but the exterior is clean and the interior has no mods, no gauges or nothin. you'll get a nice car, and 20mpg is really good, even for a stock dsm.

I CAN* get over 35 mpg

*requires ball-less boring ass driving.

Seans car is a BEAST. what other car can you buy for that price that will putdown over 400whp on a mustang dyno, and when you run out of gas fill up on 91?

MyBlack94GST said:
WTF is "ass driving"

I believe it was meant as 'boring-ass' driving.

Not eloquent, but it gets the point across.

if you'd come to the meet, you would see exactly how much of me is "eloquent". lets just say my vocabulary is just the start of it.

with my directional sence/navigational skills bringing up the rear, LOL

btw, in case that was you that gave me the warning, I see where your coming from, but I thought it was funny.... LOL

Hey,

I've worked with Sean in the past and my cars actually at FFTec right now getting some work done to it. Sean has gained my trust, he's very open and honest and I know that car was in VERY good hands.

If I were to buy a 400+ whp already modded DSM I can't think of anywhere else I'd turn to but FFTec and RRE (in LA). I'm sure you won't be disappointed and I'm sure everyone here who knows a thing or two feels the same way.

leet said:
I believe it was meant as 'boring-ass' driving.

Not eloquent, but it gets the point across.

Thanks for the explanation :confused:

Make sure you have a place to smog the car before you consider buying it. I dont think that car will pass by any legal means with all that fuel and those 280* cams. I have known sean for years and he is one of 2 people I will let work on my car and not mind paying. If he says the car is cherry, its cherry.

I just dont know if a DSM modified as highly as that one will be the best route for a first DSM. Thats like stepping in the ring w/o any prior training and not knowing who will be in there with you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back