The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Got a nice surprise when I came out of work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdogg2834

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2004
Santa Ana, California
I came out of work the other day and this is what I found. This was in my companies parking lot. Whoever did it didn't have the decency to leave a note or anything so now it's coming out of my pocket. People like this really piss me off. I have only had the paint job for a year, and now it's going back to the paint shop. I tried going around the entire parking lot looking for a white car with damage for a couple days but didn't find any. I notified my employer but they said they were sorry but couldn't do a whole lot. Well, guess there isn't a whole lot I can do. Just had to rant.

Attachments

• eclipse scratch 2 (2).jpg
    eclipse scratch 2 (2).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 328
That blows man. Is the bumper fiberglass and was it cracked?

Yeah it's fiberglass and yeah it got cracked a little. It really sucks. It's just one of those things where you just throw your hands in the air and go "what the ####?"

= double park. i do it constantly. the one in a million times you get a ticket will be much easier to deal with than the $ and frustration from some prick hitting you and you paying out of pocket.

Shit happens unfortunately. It should be a fairly easy fix. I came outside this morning to find my Eclipse had been spraypainted for the 2nd time since Halloween. Thankfully it wasn't all over the body like last time and I've already got the paint off....figures though, the one night I don't put the car cover on... Always good to have connections and such.

fwdturbobov1996 said:
Thats a sign to go back to stock bumper or 2gb

Well you have to consider I have had that body kit on my car since 2002. Back then that kit was tha shit. You know, "that movie" had just come out. I was 19 at the time and thought it was bad ass. Part of me wouldn't mind having the stock bumper and part of me likes the way it looks. So I just figure, I paid good money for the kit and I like it even though it was played out years ago.

blackGSX2g said:
A bit off-topic, but what color paint is that?

It's a custom color from a local body shop. It's called Grey Pewter Metallic. I was looking for a dark grey color. So I picked it out of the book and I think it turned out pretty good.

Dream On said:
What's up with the yellow center cap?

You know, I don't know? Every time I clean my wheels a little more paint came off until finally there was no more paint and it's just bare. So I guess that is the color plastic they use to make those. I don't know if my wheel cleaner is too abrasive or what the deal is. I was thinking about taking them off and painting them but I haven't got around to it. Plus I plan on putting on new wheels one of these days anyway.

Sorry I had to be that asshole that pointed out something completely random in the picture. :D

bigdogg2834 said:
It's a custom color from a local body shop. It's called Grey Pewter Metallic. I was looking for a dark grey color. So I picked it out of the book and I think it turned out pretty good.

Ahh, gotcha. Just wondering if it was an OEM color that had a code my paint supplier could order, I like that color alot too.

Sorry about your accident, should'nt be too hard to fix...its just the principal of a hit and run. My first car was totalled by a hit and run. You should post up some pics of the rest of the car.

scirio said:
Look at this as a great opportunity to go eoem with the body, becasue afterall, your wheels and suspension are.

:rolleyes:

If you read my post above, I will be putting on wheels eventually and with them a new suspension setup of course. Everyone has big plans for their car when they first get it. Sometimes life gets in the way. Especially when you are my age. Sorry I haven't gotten them yet.:rolleyes:

EclpzLvr97 said:
"Oh no!! You don't have OEM body! That means you're not a TRUE DSMer!!"

haha I definately hear ya about "life getting in the way".

Yeah I'm just a big ricer:thumb: Seriously though, if I had bought the car now I probably would have left the body stock but I was young and I just don't feel like throwing away the cash I spent on that kit. I even paid extra to get the urethane front bumber which is pretty nice to have (no cracks). I would like to get some rims and a new suspension setup one of these days. I just haven't been modding my car much lately because my bills, I am thinking about getting a new car (saving up for a down payment), and thinking of buying a condo (saving up for down payment). So the dsm has taken a back seat. I am still keeping it even though I am getting a new car. I just want something totally different from the dsm. Something big and comfortable (6'5 250 is not comfortable inside the eclipse) looks good, decent gas mileage. So right now the car I'm in love with is the Chrysler 300c. I might be purchasing one of those at the beginning of the year.

Almost as ghey as when I walked out to my car to go to school and my carbon fiber hood was.....well.....gone.

sucks man....we gotta find out a way to exterminate all of the bad people in this world.

weith1111 said:
= double park. i do it constantly. the one in a million times you get a ticket will be much easier to deal with than the $ and frustration from some prick hitting you and you paying out of pocket.

i do the same thing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back