The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Got a few interior mods done......anyone wanna comment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxtacy

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2002
Clovis, New_Mexico
here's what i got so far:

Attachments

• mvc-025f.jpg
    mvc-025f.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 836
I didn't wanna get to ricey with my interior so I went subtle with natural interior colors like silver and black. Hell my whole interior WAS grey and kinda boring. Now it looks nice and everyone that gets in my car or sees the inside says " whoa did you do this"? I really like it.

Does anyone here like the Red colored window tint or should I just go with Mirror tint?

I am thinking the mirrored or just freakin Dark Black.

Also I want a nice shift knob to go with the inside style....nothing to Gawdy but functional and tasteful.

I have :dsm: logo's on all my speaker grilles, the cupholder and ashtray lid painted to match the rest.

yes it is paint. I painstakingly removed EVERYTHING piece by piece and thoroughly washed and cleaned everysingle little piece, then wiped the indiviual pieces down with rubbing alcohol (after a door handle cup orange peeled hella bad from skin oils) and gave each piece about 3 coats. It is interior paint if that helps. it is holding up quite well after about 5 months. No chips or anything, no peeling. Just looking to do more. I like to stay busy.

Hell I know what I need:

I need some white face gauges next. But feel free to give me suggestions. Remember this is my wifes car so I can't go ALL wild and put gauges on everything in every knook and cranny. But I like alot of your cars interiors. Please feel free to ask me anything or give me any advice you may have. Thanks

GSXTACY

Looks great. Do you have any other angle pics? Like maybe one looking in the from the drviers door looking at the dash and passenger door? I've been trying to come up with a good idea for my interior and I really like what you did.

Did you chew on the edge of your boost guage?!?! j/k Seriously, I love the silver trimming.

Looks good.

For the tinting, just stick to black. Mirror and red tint look cheesy IMO. Especially the red tint...

i was planning on doing the same with my interior. its all grey but i wanna do it in black/grey/silver. you make it sound so easy, did you sand anything or just use rubbing alcohol? how did you paint the dash? how bout the center console and the thing that goes around the cd player?

the white looks pretty sweet,on my 90talon the interior is brown what should i do

LOL 1stgen!

I like it, I have to admit my first thought was Stormtrooper but it does look good.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=108780
1. place A-pillar into place with 3M tape
2. Press boost gauge in firmly
3. If the fitting is tight, lightly tap with ball peen hammer
4. If the fitting is still a bit to tight, use a ball joint separator and shot peen hammer until what is left of the facing is flush with the gauge pod.
5. Reinstall A-Pillar

Hehe just kidding it is an awesome color scheme. Very original.

Originally posted by gsxtacy
the A/C vents and stereo bezel:

nice. i want to paint mine. how did you do it? ive heard of lots of different ways. what paint did you use?

thanks for all the remarks guy's... yeah stormtroopers, that's one thing i've never heard before, but what i have heard all the time is it's bright as #@%#@%#@%#@%... and yes, when it's sunny, it's brighter in my car then outside... and sometimes at night, when you park it, and there's a lamp post near or far, when you walk away, it makes you think "did i leave my lights open inside?" but you get use to it. that's not the only thing white in my car, my panels on the door are white, you know where the window switch and everything is? and also the front tweeter speaker crap in front are white, and the long thing from there to the top of the door is white, and in the back since im gutted the only thing white back there is the panel middle top, then the panel with the speaker mesh/fabric are white as well. i like it so far, i cleaned them good, sanded down anything i dont like to see, used primer, then bought plastikote. need plastikote over here, get's hotter then your mother over here, you dont want that sh1t to crack on you!!!

peace

ps. this forum isnt bad, im use to going to dsmtalk to post. :dsm:

hey famousgunner, i did this a while back so i dont remember where all the screws where, i believe it was:

two in the front underneath the removable trim guard thingy

take off the shifter

take out the ash tray, theres one screw in there

then you can only lift it up so far, because there are the alarm (if you have one) and

ash tray light, and cigarette lighter harness or connectors hooked up to the unit. just

disconnect them, and im pretty sure it all comes out, ready to do anything you like... hope this helped

peace
:thumb:

i accidently dropped the mofo when I was installing it. It freaking sucked. $50 for the boost gauge dropping it right out of the box......Priceless.

No really.

It is 10 lb. vac. off, and 5 psi boost off. I know because I had a cheaply made boost gauge register 14-15 psi, then install that one and I "got" 10-11 psi.

This was all before my Hallman MBC came in, so I am running more boost now, but on a INaccurate gauge temporarily.

I have to repeal one of my last statements in my last post:

That is NOT interior paint. I was in the store where I bought it the other day and IT IS exterior touch up paint. Metallic silver -107 and metallic Black. You really can't see any of the "metallic" in the black, but in the silver it looks good.

No I will not do another angle shot from the drivers side to the passenger side, my air bag cover is peeliing up on the corners and it would be embarrasing to show until I get THAT fixed too.

notice how many flames I got about the boost gauge, Don't particualrly wanna hear may more, I work too hard on this car., and it is damn rewarding. I just installed my new SAFC today. Ooooo-boy!!!!

Got my injectors the other day too, and my ACT 2600, and my Walbro 190, and my 1-2 and 3-4 shift forks, so mid-high 12's here I come......as I get time and motivation to install and tune it all.

Best of luck on all your projects, I'll try and keep you all updated.

GSXTACY

I took a regular minella folder and hand drew a Diamond Star. then cut out just the diamonds. The held the folder over the speakergrille and centered it, then ran the silver across it a few times. I did a four speaker grilles. Doors, and rear panels. I like it. Looks pretty sweet.

By the way ALL......

i got a new Autometer ultra-lite that I DIDN'T CHEW ON!!!

hehe.

Give you all updates soon.

GSXTACY

did da xact same thing in silver also did da center vents an those vents near da widows ..i think they r for defrostin....didnt have time 2 clear coat..had 2 leave state 4 college...gonna get da car back in january... :(

I like the look, not nuts or anything. Is the paint spray touch-up? and how do u remove door panels and such? i have tan interior and i need to get rid of as much as possible :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back