The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

got a boost related issue(non dsm)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonsfire24SS

Probationary Member
Jan 14, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Hello everyone, I have a 2006 chevrolet cobalt SS(non supercharged). I'm on here to see if yall can help me out. So I installed a custom turbo kit precision 5557s, tial bov, and wastegate, RD Fab intake manifold and all the other little support mods. Here is my issue, when I first got the car running I had it running off a tune for the supercharger. I went to the track and did some datalogging for my tuner, I noticed I could hear a little whistle coming from some where around the area of the intake manifold, and fuel injector. So I got some carb cleaner sprayed around the intake manifold, and injectors and I found two leaks. So I got those fixed and I installed a new tune for the car. Then I go for a quick drive to datalog some more, I give it gas and I notice the boost gauge goes up to 25psi instead of 15psi. Everything is the same except for the fixed vac leaks, and new tune. Also I can hear what sounds to be a hamster wheel or a rusty wheel. I have no idea what that can be. So any help can be appreciated.

if you had it set for 15psi with the supercharger tune, the new tune set it to 25psi. you need to fix your map before your flash your ecu and give it a couple test runs. the "hamster wheel" sound you referred too would be the turbo spooling.

got ya, thats what some people were leaning towards as well. Forgot to mention I only hear the hamster wheel sound at idle, not all the time though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back