The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

GoPros, wind noise, and me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
So, I picked up a hero2 yesterday, mostly for some aquatic fun on vacation, but slapped it on a suction cup mount and drove in with it to work today.

I never really got moving, but the wind noise over about 30mph is kind of a pain. I've seen some foam tricks, suggestions to run a wired mic, dubbing tips, editing tips, but thought I'd throw this out there; anyone have suggestions on how to cut it down?

I also need to learn to aim the thing with no LCD door attachment.

I went through the same issues. I have both skeleton and waterproof cases with sealed or vented back doors, along with the stupid furry noise reducer and the wind socks sold on eBay from China. I have the best audio from the sealed front cover with vented rear cover along with the furry tuft noise filter and wind sock all together. I am going to continue testing what works better.

Skeleton on the waterproof, here.

I was hoping to get some exhaust noise and BOV wooshing, and I did at lower speeds, but yeesh. LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back