The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

GoPro HD New Toy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofer

Feb 18, 2006
South Gilbert, Arizona
I was tired of trying to get someone to go to the track with me to video tape from the bleachers, even then the quality was disappointing. So I broke down and found the perfect video camera for the track and can get some amazing shots of me hauling ass down the quarter-mile. I'm going to play with it this week and I'll be doing a few quarter-mile runs with it on the 4th so I'll post up videos then.

The new toy! :D A GoPro HD Motorsports that can shoot at varying resolutions to get the shot you want, anything from 720p @ 60fps to 1080p @ 30fps. The thing even takes pictures and its in a indestructible container for any road conditions you can throw at it, even water!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen those before and I like! For me I already have the Olympus Stylus Tough which is also waterproof and shockproof so I have a ram mount on my Christmas List. Scott McIntyre (member on here) uses that same ram mount outside his car for auto cross, (I'm curious to see how it will hold up at over 100 miles an hour in the 1/4 though). However I'm a big fan of the GoPro! Congrats on the purchase! Let us know how it works for you!

It should work great. I know lots of guys that race bikes, both on & off the track, & it takes great video. Not sure about where you have it mounted though, most bikes put it behind the windscreen, less drag on the camera.

I have that camera. Video is great even at 720p. The only downside the the audio quality. Even with the <100mph cover it still doesn't catch the ambient audio that well.

I know this example isn't a big deal but the camera wouldn't catch the bov sounds and I had it mounted on the pass side window on the outside.

But def a great camera.

I remember a whole bunch of us local guys were supposed to have a group buy on this camera for like $180 or something.....unfortunately it fell through, i wanted it.

I'm a bit disappointed about the audio reviews from John (jjrock5) but we'll see how it does this weekend I suppose. The plan is to mount it on the drivers side rear quarter panel so hopefully it at least picks up the exhaust note or the open dump. :pray: If it just sounds like a bunch of wind I'll be pissed...
I paid $240 shipped for it which was the best deal I could find, it seemed like $299 was the cheapest I could find it for until Black Friday.
Again I'll post a video or two in here after I go to the track...

:dsm:

These are great I have on that I just purchased a couple months ago and I use it on my car when we go to the beach for cruising week its great you never miss the action when your recording the whole time. Go figure though we have the Hero HD, they just came out with the Hero HD 2 LOL. can't win.

My friend has like a drop proof / waterproof camera. And he made a bracket that does not bounce around at all for that camera. It bolts to the side of the rear quarter panel on already bolt holes that OEM put on their. And it's pretty sick.

- Nick
Email- [email protected]
Twitter- @FearlessNickCG
Vehicle- 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

That's sick dude! It's nice and I like how you put it on the inside so you can see yourself shift and stuff. Get another one so you can watch the tac and MPH and gauges and stuff.

Or you can basically use a logger, and make a side by side video of the run and then the logger. That be so sick!

- Nick
Email- [email protected]
Twitter- @FearlessNickCG
Vehicle- 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back