The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Goood EBay deal for T3/T4 and Greddy BOV???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When the price seems to good to be true, it usually is. I don't have that Greddy bov to be 100% sure but Im 99.9% sure its a knock off & the turbo looks the same. It may be cheep, but thats also how it will probably perform/last. Spend the extra $'s and get something from a reputable vendor.

i hear a lot about these ebay turbos and i think they are great only if you buy it then rebuild it yourself. that way atleast you know that it is like new even though they usualy lie and say that it is anyway. the bov, well its just a bov, should work no better or worse then another one. but you have to ask yourself how much boost it holds, because it could be no better then a 1g bov. these are just some tips, maybe im missing something here but these turbos cannot be that bad if you rebuild them to original specs. that way they dont have any shaft play, oil leaks, and just overall a bad rebuild or no rebuild whatsoever. i finished rebuilding my 14b and it is actually not hard at all, if you do it right.
just my .02
later

Some Ebay turbos have the compressor cover literally glued together. Not something you can rebuild...

I do not condone getting that those "stone power" or "xspower" turbos, but judging from some of the pictures posted, you could literally drill and tap your own mounting bolts instead of the glue (or whatever that "glue" was). In essence, you could create a pretty decent turbo from it. The true question is how long will it last and how will it perform? That's a question that I would never be willing to shell out over 50 bucks to answer.

Whatever it is, do more research on these "kits" before you make a decision. Actually, there is a thread going on where a guy bought all eBay parts and is documenting his entire history with the products. I'm sure you'll find it rather easily.

its cheap, but you will always know that you have an ebay turbo under your hood....think about it.... its your car man ... and you want the best for it. This turbo may work, may not. :confused: this salesman on ebay has no feedback yet... Are you ready to risk, ask yourself.

From first hand experience, dont get those knock off Greedy BOV's. I had one and then a month later, did not work at all. It leaked boost right through the inner seal in the BOV.

Agreed, the BOV is def not a greddy its a fake. The turbo is very questionable. As to see the name plate of the turbo. His pictures dont give you a clear view and all Greddy turbo's i have seen had a blue/silver riveted name plate on them.

I have not seen any BB turbo retail for 799.00. I would doubt his credibility.

Terry

dude it doesnt say it is a greddy bov. It says in the title "greddy type bov".

The originator of this thread called it a greddy BOV, i was trying to clear that for in in case he misunderstood the auction or even thought it was real.

you can loose you attitude anytime now.

LOL... It says GReddy STY TYPE RS... I guess we know what STY stands for now... STYLE...

Anyhow... I had a feeling all along that both these items were knock offs... If I thought they were real I'd probably buy both and never start this thread.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any good experiences using similar eBay knock offs...

Not to my surprise... nobody did....

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back