The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Good Shop in the area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbokyle97

Probationary Member
Sep 17, 2003
FloridaUS
Whats up guys, I have been away for the DSM scene for 10 years and I just picked up a 98 GSX to use as a daily driver. The car I bought needs some work. Can anyone recommend anyone or shops in the area that I can have just go through the car and amass a list of crap that needs to be taken care of, as well as do a tune on it (has 16G turbo and FMIC and just falls on its face at higher boost/RPM). I contacted JMS and got "we dont do DSMs bro"-----even though last time I was there they had like 3 1G's sitting out front. But whatever. Anyone have any good mechanics/shops that are willing to look at maintenance type issues and not JUST performance? Thanks.

thanks for the help. thought about norbilt til I read this thread Noribilt San Antonio --- Never Going back! - evolutionm.net

HOLY S#!T!!! I didn't think Noribilt was THAT f-ing bad about their f-ups. I feel quite bad because I've referred some people to them. After seeing this...not referring ANYBODY to them. They could've at least had the decency to correct or make even on them screwing up. They're gonna lose a lot of business.

On another note...you can also try Nelson Performance. They, for the most part, work on domestics but they have worked on my buddy's SAAB. Installing new wastegate, BOV, FMIC, and exhaust manifold.

NELSON PERFORMANCE: 210-626-0278

I took the trip to FIST racing in Houston. Well worth it. Mike over there knows his stuff and is super experienced with DSMs. They will refer you to Mike Delgado for tuning your ride- google him- he has done some pretty big rides and has a great tuning reputation. If I end up not selling this car, I will be going back there for more work.

I have used Premiere Motorsports and have always been satisfied. They have worked on several DSMs and are current and previous owners of DSMs.

(210) 520-1976

7225 Eckhert Rd, San Antonio, TX 78238

Near Thunderbird Hills and Northwest Side

Here's a new contact referral to this neighborhood:

Diamond Star Racing
5727 Old Seguin Road
(210)550-7911

Owners: Rocky & Cyndi Castilleja

I personally recommend them for any kind of work you may need, since they have been in business for quite a while and have seen their accomplishments in the DSM world (both on and off the track)!

Enjoy.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back