The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Good place to order front kaaz LSD from?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was hoping one of the heavy hitters might read this and weigh in with some advice as to where to go for best price etc. I'm planning on getting my tranny built by twick69 at tce. He doesn't sell kaaz lsds so I have to get it elsewhere. I'm going to running a kaaz front LSD, welded center diff and vce. I want this to be legitimate 4wd.

You can try contacting Mach V -- Mach V Motorsports - High Performance Car Parts
Kaaz Limited Slip Differential (turbo cars)

Or

Road Race Engineering
The Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing Differentials

Roadrace normally sells the Quaife, but might be able to get the KAAZ.

Be sure to use the special KAAZ gear oil in the differential, and that you regularly service the transmission (every year or two; more if heavily racing) to flush out the fluid and check the clutch frictions or replace them.

The KAAZ is a bit more high maintenence, but overall a better product for the racing you are doing.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I am currently a bit on the BUSY side with other things.

Worst-case scenario, give Luke at Beyond Redline Performance a call -- 920-498-1223- -- Beyond Redline :: Performance Center . He should be able to get it, or I can do some searching and ordering for you.

Both of them are hard to find, Kaaz is a very very low production item when I talked to Kaaz in japan once before even trying to get them to make me one. Quaife is more available but quaife seems to only want to ship them out whenever they feel like it. Im actually really wanting to try out the wavetrac that Shep sells. He talked to me about it a bunch for my car and I am still dying to test one out. Its similar to a quaife with a bit of a clutch pack to get it to lock up a bit earlier. Seems perfect for handling, best of both worlds.

Thanks for the replies Tim and Andrew! Doesn't really get more heavy hitter than that! $880 from Machv. I could have sworn I saw it listed somewhere for $600. Oh well. I decided to go down this path so if that's what I have to pay then it's what I have to pay. I just can't see spending all the time, energy and effort without including a LSD in the mix.

The 800 # listed for beyond redline didn't work.
I called machv and was told by the person on the phone that machv doesn't carry kaaz lsds for dsms anymore. In fact that person stated that machv didn't really carry any parts for dsms anymore since there aren't any of them
left. No love for the dsms anymore I guess

Or is it... The wavetrac sounds great. I'm sold but the website only says they have it for FWD only 96-99. Wha the?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back