The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Good online sites for parts. For Canadians.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drcolt

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hi All.
I will be buying some items from extremepsi. I have bought items from rtmracing.
I notice some supporting vendors dont ship to Canada.
What are your current experiences for 2016. I have seen many comments for sites from over ten years ago. I want to hear about current experiences.
Thanks for the space.

If you use Extreme PSI, it may be worth while to select World Wide Expedited compared to standard. WWE waives the brokerage fee and all you will be on the hook for, like anything else you order, is the taxes when delivered. If you go standard and are willing to go through the hoops, you can self-clear the package and get it for cheaper.

I have mixed feelings about RTM Racing right now. Before the reins were handed over, I would say go them hands down. Afterwards though, I have had two orders messed up and I had to hound them to get it fixed vs them just fixing it. I currently have two gaskets and a restrictor outstanding that I need to call in to get. I called initially and he was in the states and couldn't do anything, nor bother to write anything down - understandable I suppose, but not the level of service from before. I am waiting for my next order to them to remedy the situation.

I have heard that they are getting better, but haven't experienced it yet personally.

I prefer to support Canadian companies when I can, but I also have limited resources that I need to make the most of. So if the premium to buy Canadian is 20%, I can't justify it. 10% is about my threshold; yours could be different.

My recent comparison between RTM and Extreme put RTM about 20% higher after all said and done - exchange rate, shipping & brokerage, and taxes. With the slightly more expensive shipping option, I had it within two days and didn't pay any brokerage fees.

As a additional side note, Extreme carries a wide range of items. I was able to pick up the missing carpet clip for my 99!

edit: my recent experience with Extreme was pleasant and hassle-free. Order in, two days at my door with no surprises from UPS.

Well,ordered thru extremepsi. Quick turn around. It was next day shipped! Boo for UPS. It is my last straw with them. I opted for the most expensive shipping, They want duty paid upfront, yet they attempt to deliver during the day, when the majority of people are at work. So of course signature is required. I received email of the attempt. UPS could have emailed me a headsup for paying duty upfront. I could have paid online beforehand if they had contacted me. So I registered online afterwork and after calling UPS regarding the piss poor attempt of delivery( 1.5 mins at my door, i have cameras). Over the phone I was told I cannot pay over the phone, and that I cannot waive signature. Magically after checking out the website, and registering and paying online, and finding that after there is no balance I can request signature waived through my account.
So having spent approx. 1 hr on the phone and going online to register, I might get my package tomorrow. It is like pulling teeth with UPS.
Seeing as they wont schedule an exact , or window for delivery, my other option was to have the package sent to their warehouse, because they won't ship to a local UPSstore. The warehouse is 20KM away from me, and in one of the most congested parts of the city with traffic. Also at the north most border of the city. Not very handy for transit access. Luckily I drive.
OH, and UPS still managed to charge me $20 for brokerage!!
I have never had this issue with Fedex or USPS. Its always been UPS.

Sorry for venting. But I had to.
Now I can add up what the totals comparing extreme and RTM.

I've been having more problems with ups then I can shake a stick at. Pay for next day shipping comes 5 business days later. FedEx is by far a better service provider but it's not a go to for must parts suppliers for some reason. Everything I've ever sold that needed shipping was FedEx and 25+ packages sent never a problem at either end.
Like Andrew stated rtm has been pretty questionable since Abbas took over, biggest thing I've found is you gotta give him a call to let him know what your expecting from him. I had a good few problems for the first 8 months or so but after talking with him I haven't had a problem since........only ups screwing up now. But yah rtm seems to be hit and miss.

Well,ordered thru extremepsi. Quick turn around. It was next day shipped! Boo for UPS. It is my last straw with them. I opted for the most expensive shipping, They want duty paid upfront, yet they attempt to deliver during the day, when the majority of people are at work. So of course signature is required. I received email of the attempt. UPS could have emailed me a headsup for paying duty upfront. I could have paid online beforehand if they had contacted me. So I registered online afterwork and after calling UPS regarding the piss poor attempt of delivery( 1.5 mins at my door, i have cameras). Over the phone I was told I cannot pay over the phone, and that I cannot waive signature. Magically after checking out the website, and registering and paying online, and finding that after there is no balance I can request signature waived through my account.
So having spent approx. 1 hr on the phone and going online to register, I might get my package tomorrow. It is like pulling teeth with UPS.
Seeing as they wont schedule an exact , or window for delivery, my other option was to have the package sent to their warehouse, because they won't ship to a local UPSstore. The warehouse is 20KM away from me, and in one of the most congested parts of the city with traffic. Also at the north most border of the city. Not very handy for transit access. Luckily I drive.
OH, and UPS still managed to charge me $20 for brokerage!!
I have never had this issue with Fedex or USPS. Its always been UPS.

Sorry for venting. But I had to.
Now I can add up what the totals comparing extreme and RTM.
Purolators a very similar story to ups, might be run by the same people I think LOL

Sorry to hear about your trouble with UPS. It is unfortunate how they can rain on an otherwise good transaction.

What was the service it was shipped by? If World Wide Expedited, there should have been no additional feel, just taxes and duty if applicable. My order was around $300 USD and I didn't pay anything additional. If yours was quite a bit more, that might explain it - it is a minimum of $10 or like 1.5% of the package's value.

Purolator is Canada Post's courier company. FedEx has been the most reliable and most hassle free of all couriers for me. They even let you setup your own account to get better rates regardless of your value! Hell, it was fantastic, there was a clearance item at Home Depot that Saskatoon ran out of, but there was in Lloyd. Got Home Depot to wrap it and because of that FedEx account, I emailed them the shipping label, and arranged the pickup. For $10, I had my item the next day. I am starting to use my account to generate return labels and arrange pickup and it is great - if there is any problem with shipping, I can resolve it vs having to depend on the person I bought the goods from to do a claim.

Finally received the package. It was actually left as per request.
The order was ups 1-2 day worldwide. Order was over $1k usd
I've had issues with ups even within the province. I am simply done with them.
I prefer FedEx as well. They deliver amd a third party deals with collecting duty.

I just compared apples to apples with the exact same items between rtm and extreme . The price is neglible now that I can see all the cost and the exchange rate visa uses. It's not to say I won't buy from Extreme psi, I just won't allow UPS to touch my items.
My next purchase will be thru RTM.

I just bought three more items from Abbas at rtmracing. Did the online order on a Wednesday, 4pm. I received the package Friday afternoon, just two days later.
I learned that with UPS, the best way to deal with them is to register with them and get a user ID. After a week they send you a PIN in the mail, to verify address. Then they allow you to leave special instructions for delivery and allow you to sign off on the package and waive their liability of the package.
With Abbas, I picked Canada post as the carrier, and he still sent it UPS. Luckily I had the UPS ID setup. This time delivery was smooth.
I will still be ordering thru rtmracing. So far so good. My $1600 CAD Extremepsi order was only $100 cheaper than RTMracing. I feel bad for not keeping that money in a local business.
Still have many more items to purchase.

Really?? Abbas sent it via UPS. Thats one of the things i missed most since ziggy had left. Getting the shipping discounts passed on to us is huge! I hope he does the same thing for my next order.
I'll make sure i setup a UPS account this time....see if thats corrects UPS's reliabilty problem.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back