The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink good for 1000hp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
well my motor is almost done and my car should be close to done by spring, im looking into management right now, i have dsmlink v3 full already, but i haven't seen people making 900+ on it, if anybody can direct me on what ecu i should use without breaking the bank such as AEM-EMS Series 2 and i dont even know if this is good for 900+ either, just looking for some help here! =)

well my motor is almost done and my car should be close to done by spring, im looking into management right now, i have dsmlink v3 full already, but i haven't seen people making 900+ on it, if anybody can direct me on what ecu i should use without breaking the bank such as AEM-EMS Series 2 and i dont even know if this is good for 900+ either, just looking for some help here! =)
kevin Jewer runs a 7.9 on link if that helps. It would be more impressive if you did it on a GM MAFT :)

ECMLink wont be your problem. I would imagine most of the guys who are making over 1,000hp have been tuning cars for a very long time. They probably use other tuning methods that came out before ECMLink because that is what they learned on. It's also a cross-platform ECU so it is also likely that they may tune multiple cars and it's what they know.

kevin Jewer runs a 7.9 on link if that helps. It would be more impressive if you did it on a GM MAFT :)

no gm maft, using speed density, and i wasnt sure about the numbers, i haven't done much tuning with my ecmlink, but if its got the capability to run those numbers im good with that

IIRC, there have been at least a few people doing "900+" on link. In my opinion, why not just run it since you have it already and if for some reason it doesn't meet or reach your goals, then you can look into alternatives? Knowing how power is made, there is no magic horsepower number shutoff. Sure one way may not be the most optimal to reach your goals, but there are many ways to reach a goal.

Here is someone who is claiming 1080hp:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
,again pretty sure I've seen at least a few more.

EDIT: There is another video of that guy claiming 1,296WHP, although I have no idea what a dynostar dyno reads like.

Last edited:
IIRC, there have been at least a few people doing "900+" on link. In my opinion, why not just run it since you have it already and if for some reason it doesn't meet or reach your goals, then you can look into alternatives? Knowing how power is made, there is no magic horsepower number shutoff. Sure one way may not be the most optimal to reach your goals, but there are many ways to reach a goal.

awesome, im going to use every option on link possible to make tuning and monitoring the engine as safely and easy as possible, but i got a goal in mind and hopefully i can each it, dsm tuners is the only place helping me right now, this is a legit solo build no help, but so much research, thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back