The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Good DSM trans shop in San Diego

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMopar

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2007
Vista, California
I bought my 1G with the trans in pieces, it was towed by the front wheels. Looking for a good trans shop in SD, and i'm not looking to spend tons of money rebuilding it either... like $500 or less. So anyone know of any good trans shops that stand behind their work in SD county? North county is preferable but not required.

so no one in the history of DSMs has ever needed a trans rebuilt in SD :rolleyes:?

If I were you, I would either take it to RRE (1.5 hour drive from SD), or ship it out to teamrip.com or shep racing.

When I lived down there, not many people really specialized in Dsm's. I gone to a few shops down there and was not that impressed. Thats why I either went to RRE or just ordered parts.

finally at least a little feedback, and he doesn't even live here anymore :rolleyes:. Thanks SD guys :notgood:.

Ya I've contemplated the rebuilding houses, but they want like $800-950 for just a regularish rebuild.... no thanks.

you might want to hit up the pick your parts or other junk yards down by otay, the last rebuild i heard about localy cost my buddy about 1100.

No updates on this?Im in san diego also and would like to know some good dsm shops.

Oceanside here.
Honestly, if you want a tranny rebuilt the right way, suck it up and send the tranny to TRE or to SHEP. If you decide you want another stocker, junk yards FTW.
there is a fairly large pick-a-part over off the 76 for the san marcos guy. also PM me cause I may know a guy that has what you need.

currently getting my tranny rebuilt at jacks transmissions. Heard good things, so we'll have to wait and see

so no one in the history of DSMs has ever needed a trans rebuilt in SD :rolleyes:?
Uh, not for under $500!

finally at least a little feedback, and he doesn't even live here anymore :rolleyes:. Thanks SD guys :notgood:

Yeah, being a jerk is a *real* good way to get more help on the subject. :rolleyes:

+1 on Jacks. For a good rebuild you're just going to have to fork it out. If you can only afford $500 go buy a used transmission.

finally at least a little feedback, and he doesn't even live here anymore :rolleyes:. Thanks SD guys :notgood:.

You can't rely on others to do the work for you, meaning searching and looking around. It's okay to post up and ask for an opinion but no need to get an attitude towards the SD guys. Just my .02 and don't cash them in and spend them all in one place :thumb:

jackstramsmissions.com
sheptrans.com

Well you'd think SOMEONE has had their trans rebuilt in SD, I rebuilt it myself with the help of a buddy that owns a trans shop.

Edit: BTW, cost me $250 for the kit... so :p

I know of an AAMCO in mira mesa that rebuild trannys. Not sure how much it would cost but, if it really needs to be built in san diego, there you go.

Well you'd think SOMEONE has had their trans rebuilt in SD, I rebuilt it myself with the help of a buddy that owns a trans shop.

Edit: BTW, cost me $250 for the kit... so :p

It boggles my mind what a complete ASS you are! You ask for help and then talk sh*t to the people giving you advice??? What makes you think that every DSM owner in SD that has ever had a rebuilt transmission is reading YOUR post? In fact, why did you even ask the question when you have a buddy with a trans shop?

Stick your tongue out like a little girl if you want, but don't expect any help from the people you've offended. You still haven't provided a source for us that will do a full respectable rebuild *FOR* you that charges $500 or less for parts and labor. The point of regional forum communities is to build relationships so you can help each other out. You seem to have completely missed the idea here.

Mods, please excuse me for flaming. I've never gone off like this in a DSM forum, I just can't believe this guy. :barf:

It boggles my mind what a complete ASS you are! You ask for help and then talk sh*t to the people giving you advice??? What makes you think that every DSM owner in SD that has ever had a rebuilt transmission is reading YOUR post? In fact, why did you even ask the question when you have a buddy with a trans shop?

Stick your tongue out like a little girl if you want, but don't expect any help from the people you've offended. You still haven't provided a source for us that will do a full respectable rebuild *FOR* you that charges $500 or less for parts and labor. The point of regional forum communities is to build relationships so you can help each other out. You seem to have completely missed the idea here.

Mods, please excuse me for flaming. I've never gone off like this in a DSM forum, I just can't believe this guy. :barf:

It boggles MY mind how much you're getting your panties in a wad, only you and project 2g are getting offended, and why should you? I should be the one offended, I wait a week and the only guy to respond doesn't even live in SD anymore, if he hadn't responded I doubt any of the SD guys would have :rolleyes:. If I had posted this in the mopar board I go to I could have had a response within a day. No one even read it when I first posted, it barelly any views. But all the club meets have tons :rolleyes:.

Go take some midol and quit pissing in my thread

Play nice, kids.

For my .02: As has been said, not every DSMer on Earth is here, not every SD DSMer reads this forum, much less this sub-forum, therefore patience would server you well here.

Keep flaming and you can try DSM boards with FAR less members to see if you do, in fact, get better responses there. We have better things to do than babysit.

Thanks.

Play nice, kids.

For my .02: As has been said, not every DSMer on Earth is here, not every SD DSMer reads this forum, much less this sub-forum, therefore patience would server you well here.

Keep flaming and you can try DSM boards with FAR less members to see if you do, in fact, get better responses there. We have better things to do than babysit.

Thanks.

Well you make a good point, I believe I started this thread in the newbies forum and it was moved here. So we have quite a condundrum here it seems :p.

Well you make a good point, I believe I started this thread in the newbies forum and it was moved here. So we have quite a condundrum here it seems :p.
It isn't Newbie Tech either. Nothing to discuss, really.

It isn't Newbie Tech either. Nothing to discuss, really.

Well you rag on me for posting it in a forum that no one checks, yet I didn't and if I had posted it elsewhere it would've been moved :confused:....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back