The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Good DSM History Read

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST with PSI

DSM Wiseman
Jul 27, 2005
San Diego, California
Good read, there's only a handful of proper articles that are more than a page long which go a little bit more in-depth, such as this one.

If you don't mind, I'd like to share a few pages here from an actual book about DSM I randomly found back in the University I went to in the UK, of all places! It's called "Mitsubishi Motors in Illinois". It's a fairly small book and honestly it doesn't go over technical details about the cars themselves, but more so about the business and logistics aspect behind the establishment. It references 1993 as the year when Chrysler started putting it's own 420a in Eclipses and Talons, for example. The book also lists actual company names which supplied things like seats, windscreens, hoses, tires etc. It's an interesting read either way, I'm sure lots of libraries in the US will definitely have the book, so maybe have a look at it if you'd like to know more.

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 122
  • DSM Suppliers Nationality.jpg
    DSM Suppliers Nationality.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Engine Drivetrain Imports pre 1994.jpg
    Engine Drivetrain Imports pre 1994.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Introduction.jpg
    Introduction.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Page 60.jpg
    Page 60.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Parts and Materials Suppliers.jpg
    Parts and Materials Suppliers.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 122
Love the old stuff and history!
I dug these videos up (well my son pointed them out) a couple months ago. They take you back to the day!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I've never been much into the history of DSM but I have a few artifacts. I would imagine Phil Beers could share some. Oh how I wish I would've saved more of the marketing merchandise i bought in 98. I bought out nearly the entire inventory of a company that made eagle merchandise. And they were happy to unload it in 1998.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back