The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Good bye lag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It runs very well, still quite a few things left to do before I crank the boost up and see what she can do though. I would love to get it on a dyno soon, but with the closest AWD one being about 450 miles from me (that I have heard of) it may be a little bit till it happens. I do have a 1/4 track about 200 miles from me that im hoping to get to sometime this summer though!

Keep us posted!

I believe there was another similar project posted here a couple of years ago.
Gm supercharger fed by a turbo, but I could not find it.

Any updates ? Cool project....

Sadly no real big updates yet, fine tweaking the tune and bypass system right now. Seem to have reached the limit of my walbro 255 and closing in on the 1200cc injectors though so gonna have to find some upgrades soon. I promise the project is going to be finished and get the VGT turbo on at some point, i dont give up easily =)

i remember posting the worlkds fastest lotuslink a while back, while ia agree this will be a monster, it would go good with an auto trans, but i doubt you'dneed much moire than the vvgt turbo alone have all the boost response you couod want, but i'm rooting for yam, and since it shouldn't nprobably rev too high with thiw coimbo, might as well build a 2.3 :)

Actually its funny you should mention the auto, the main reason there hasn't been much progress on this because I'm in the process of buying a 99 auto Gsx to switch over to :) And I do agree with ya on the 2.3, I have plans for that down the road but till I get a m90 to go with it. The m45 wouldn't be pumping much air then. But yes, eventually a auto Gsx twincharged with a he351ve!

Been a little bit since i posted here last, changed over to a 99 auto gsx, also have the HE351VE turbo on using the factory controller, just waiting on weather to take it out for a test really.

Attachments

• IMG_20140126_144734.jpg
    IMG_20140126_144734.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20140118_153501.jpg
    IMG_20140118_153501.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 64
Been a little bit since i posted here last, changed over to a 99 auto gsx, also have the HE351VE turbo on using the factory controller, just waiting on weather to take it out for a test really.

That's my old car! Glad to see it going on to become something epic! Looks great! :)

BTW, if you decide you don't want the factory mudflaps I left on there:ohdamn:, I'd like to buy them off of you!

Hey Travis! I like the flaps too LOL. Though if I ever decide to take them off ill definitely let ya know. =)

Yep, they look great on 2g's. My black 97 just doesn't look right to me without them! I'm sure a set will show up soon on the marketplace! :)

My buddy and I installed a he351ve on his 2g a few summers ago. We used a 16g wastegate actuator and a mbc to adjust how the vgt worked. The car was a blast it spooled like a 20g and made power like an hx40.

[ame=http://youtu.be/ILM1vkoS7vE]Holset he351ve variable geometry controller for dsm - YouTube[/ame]

From the research I did the twincharged option looked to give better low end response, though not sure if thats the case or not. I was just very impressed by the results I was seeing from a few people, like Ray Peters of course.
Another was Hans Schori
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YraaCwVQ4w]Hans Schori Mitsubishi EVO RS, 800 HP!!! - YouTube[/ame]
and Madmax
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrLsnR8gNiA]Twincharged Evo 5 at Shelsley Walsh Hillclimb June 2010 - YouTube[/ame]
Then off course there is the Lancia Delta S4, which is what I based my setup off of mostly, with the bypass for the supercharger.

I've been seriously thinking about doing this. I haven't done research into the right size super though. It sounds like the M90 would be too large for the 2.0, is that right? This was my original thought just because it would be easy to find one and I can get it for about $200-$300. I'm still at the planning and research stage right now.

Well it all depends on the pulley size/ratio, a Grand Prix m90 with a 3.75" pulley (i think is what it is) would give 21.7 psi. I am using an m45 with a 2.8" pulley and the factory crank pulley, this gives me a 2.25:1 pulley ratio. That means the m45 is moving 101.25 (45x2.25) CI per engine revolution. Our 2.0 engines are 122 CI so they move 61 CI per engine revolution, the absolute pressure that the supercharger sees will be multiplied by 1.66 (101.25/61). To find the boost after the supercharger, multiply the pre supercharger absolute pressure, (not gauge, subtract 14.7) by this ratio. For example, without the turbo, my supercharger will achieve 24.4 psi of absolute pressure (14.7x1.66) this would show 9.7 on a boost gauge (24.4-14.7). This would also be affected by other factors such as pre supercharger vacuum due to intake plumbing but gives you a rough idea. So in the end it just depends on how much boost you want from your supercharger.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back