The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Gonna get a new filter, should I go for a new MAF too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickheart

Probationary Member
Jan 8, 2006
Beaverton, Oregon
I have read that you can put a Chev 350 MAF into a 2g (with some kit) and get more flow through the sensor. is this worthwhile, or is the stock 2g MAF good enough? (I know this begs the question "What HP do you want to end up with" and my answer is : 300, 400, more, i don't know, but i don't want to have to buy the same part twice ;) )

Also, recommended filters? I've had a K&N in the past, but the oil ended up on the MAF itself and caused my ZX-2 to run really lean until i used residue-free contact cleaner on it (and don't say it's because it's a ford because it was all better once i cleaned the MAF, and sold the car :D ).

It's called a MAFT, fullthrottlespeed.com. You will also need the gm mas 3" or 3.5", there is a long list of cars you can get them off. Hope this helps. Oh ya the stock 2g mas is said to be good to 450hp

Thanks guys, i think i'll go ahead and save the dough and just get a new filter. Any insight on what brand to get?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back