The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Goldsboro DSMs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkuhnel

Probationary Member
Jun 9, 2012
Goldsboro, North_Carolina
Hey, anybody in the Goldsboro area looking to meet up with other DSMs? I've got a 95 TSi AWD that I finally brought down from storage in NY and I'm trying to meet up with people that want to work on cars and swap knowledge.

Haha, I've seen a few DSMs around town but I didn't know if anyone was actually on here. What are you working on with your car right now? I think my car needs a new slave cylinder because the transmission isn't fully disengaging.

Haha, I've seen a few DSMs around town but I didn't know if anyone was actually on here. What are you working on with your car right now? I think my car needs a new slave cylinder because the transmission isn't fully disengaging.

Well plenty of DSM's nut NT, VERY few turbo 4g63. As of right now I'm not working on anything on it, I'm just cruising on it on the weekends:hellyeah:...Is your clutch sticking to the floor or something?

Nah, my clutch seems to be acting fine but when I push my clutch in and try to shift the transmission acts like its still out or that it's at least not pressed down all the way. I know the car has an aftermarket slave in it and I've heard they aren't very reliable AND the rods have a tendency to wear down so that they won't disengage the transmission. I'm going replace it and see if the problem goes away.

ok, yea I would give that a shot very easy to replace. I have heard aftermarket slave cylinders are crap but I bought mines from oreilly's in ash st. and has held up fine so far, you can't go wrong with OEM though. You should post up some pics of you talon, I'm curious to see how it looks, probably me and you are the only turbo DSM owners in town:p

I think you're right because I haven't seen a single turbo in the area. I'll put up a couple pictures as soon as I get it out of the garage. I don't want to take it out because I can't shift into reverse without grinding the gears so I'm resisting the urge to drive it. I'm going on vacation for a few weeks so I probably won't be driving it around until mid July. Know any other tuners in the area?

Only other DSM'er I know in town is this guy that lives in rosewood. When I went over, he had like 7-8 1g awd talons and eclipses. He said he was selling some so now he may not have that many. Plenty of honda boys in town though:ohdamn:

Didn't even know it existed but thanks for the heads up. Around base I see new cars and beaten tuners more than anything else but every so often you see an older car in decent condition that sounds like its been worked on a bit.

im in lagrange we got right many 4g63s around here we hit up kinston dragstrip every thursday most of us are on carolinadsm.com

im but a couple of min from goldsboro used to stay in mount olive had a silver gst and sold it, but currently building another silver get. hope to see a meet organized in goldsboro too

I'm in Greenville, so I'm about 30-40 minutes from Goldsboro. Like Ktime said, we all meet up in Kinston when the track is open to hang out and watch each other break things... Join carolinadsm.com, lots of people near by.

I'm in Greenville, so I'm about 30-40 minutes from Goldsboro. Like Ktime said, we all meet up in Kinston when the track is open to hang out and watch each other break things... Join carolinadsm.com, lots of people near by.

LOL so true got mine running strong again ready for some track time :sneaky:

After a few years off, I'm back in the DSM game ! I live near Goldsboro , and have a lot of work to do, so hit me up if anyone is still in the area.

9uno958uno76ocho4

Only other DSM'er I know in town is this guy that lives in rosewood. When I went over, he had like 7-8 1g awd talons and eclipses. He said he was selling some so now he may not have that many. Plenty of honda boys in town though:ohdamn:

He also has a supra, a skyline (legit skyline), a grandnational, and a oldsmobile t type... His race car is a DSM. Its an auto talon. Hes a cool guy. Just an all out car guy. Strait up to buy from too

We could do a meet here in Wilson, Im in the middle between raliegh, goldsboro, greenville. So we could have small meets in goldsboro or something and have one big meet a month or something in wilson. That way we could get as many people as possible. I used to go to the carolinanissans.com meets every once and a while. Ive seen it up and down.

Basically I see it working like this... We all get a group together for one random day a week or one weekend. pick a place we want to eat. here we have a few different choices obviously not as much as greenville or raliegh but its a small town. We call ahead of time to let them know. hang out in the parking lot for a while then go in and eat. Just a bunch of dsm guys hanging out.

I think it could potentially be a lot of fun.

NC DSM'ers!!! We're having a meet at Brewmasters in Wilson Saturday, Oct 26 at 8pm. Reply here if you can make it. Hopefully we can get this dead NC scene up and running.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back