The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Going to need a 420a master on this one

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakelandry

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2009
Minden, Louisiana
Ok before anyone calls me stupid, take into consideration that my car was totaled.... That aside, i was taking my radiator support out today and it was so crammed into everything that i had to cut it out with a sawzall. Well of course i had no idea that a wiring harness ran along the bottom of the radiator support and i cut it clean in 2. Now i know the smart thing to do would be get a new harness, but being as the car is totaled i would like to see if i can repair it before i buy a new harness. So assuming it was basically self explanitory i began soldering wires back and heat shrinking them when i came to several wires that were the same colors. If im not mistaken there were 2 grn/white, 2 big blck/white, 3 big black, and about 4 small blacks. i diddnt soldier these just to be sure i just wired them temp. Like all dumbasses i continued on to crank the car afterwords to see if it ran and it seemed to run just fine. I was just wondering if anyone could assure me that most of those blacks were grounds and that the grn/white was somethign simple like headlights left and right. Regardless, any input on how it should be wired would be great. Thanks for your time.

I know you asked for somebody who knows the 420a very well, but, do you have a wiring schematic that you can go off of? Even if members here can give you the answer I'm sure you already know that it's a good idea to have a couple manuals laying around in case you have a couple questions.

I know you asked for somebody who knows the 420a very well, but, do you have a wiring schematic that you can go off of? Even if members here can give you the answer I'm sure you already know that it's a good idea to have a couple manuals laying around in case you have a couple questions.

Well ive looked over the ecu color codes but my confusion was just in the fact of all of the blacks and the fact thet they all looked the same.

Blacks are grounds. The rest of the wires should have tracers and should not be the same. Soldering them back together was a very smart choice, though. Just color match and go. test your blinkers, brakes, headlights (Low and Hi beams) and be assured that it all works. I'm fairly sure it's not going to burst into flames, though.

Blacks are grounds. The rest of the wires should have tracers and should not be the same. Soldering them back together was a very smart choice, though. Just color match and go. test your blinkers, brakes, headlights (Low and Hi beams) and be assured that it all works. I'm fairly sure it's not going to burst into flames, though.

Ok well its all temp. anyway. I just wanted to ensure that it would still run fine and that the blacks were grounds. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back