The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Going to Japan!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelv

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2006
Columbus, Georgia
Hey guys, I'm getting a chance of a lifetime to take a free trip to Japan!

I was wondering if there is any parts I can look for that I might not be able to get here, or get a great deal on. I'll be close to to the capital so there should be some places to go. Any ideas are welcome.

The really big thing I am looking for is a SARD Trigger EBC. I have the gauge but no wire harness or controller box. I would love to get that thing working. It is a great peice.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Through work, I am going there for a couple weeks to work. I will have quite a bit of free time to myself. I want to see if there are things I can get that can be inflated over here.

JDM galant knuckles, evo3 SAS hardware, evo9 3-bar map sensor.

I've been trolling ebay.co.uk for evo3 SAS hardware and I would love to get some so that I can start some work with it so if you find the stuff over there and wanted to bring some back that would be awesome. For a fair price I would buy it.

I was in Japan for 3 weeks in May, really awesome country! Talk about culture shock!! I only stayed in Tokyo 1 night, so if you are staying there can't really help you much, but if you are going to be travelling around the country, be sure to get out to Kyoto and Hiroshima, as well as some of the smaller, less populated prefectures, so you can see what Japanese life is like outside of the cities.

I actually will be able to travel to the country side.

Hey this is great guys, keep the ideas coming with parts! I will take advantage of this chance and get an ass load of stuff.

For the JDM Knuckles, where would I find those for Eclipse and Galant. Also, what other products. I'll ship back crates and crates of this shit for pennies on the dollar.

The only thing I'm looking for is a SARD Trigger boost controller. I have the gauge but noone sells the wiring harness or controller seperate.

Keep the ideas coming, I tried to search tuners shops online but couldnt find anything. Can you guys link me to some wholesalers, or shops in country? I don't mind getting an ass load of stuff. And maybe for a few bucks, a personal request or 2. ;)

You guys need to give me some ideas. I have a little coin to spend, and I was going to maybe try and buy a few things cheaper personally, but if there are some high demand rare things out there, then heck I would love to make a few bucks.

Keep the ideas coming, I tried to search tuners shops online but couldnt find anything. Can you guys link me to some wholesalers, or shops in country? I don't mind getting an ass load of stuff. And maybe for a few bucks, a personal request or 2. ;)

You guys need to give me some ideas. I have a little coin to spend, and I was going to maybe try and buy a few things cheaper personally, but if there are some high demand rare things out there, then heck I would love to make a few bucks.

PM soldave. He's in Japan and posts here a lot.

Evo III intake/exhaust manifolds and RVR intake manifold (same as Evo III, but tb opening is 52mm instead of 60mm). Maybe some Cyclone intake manifolds.

Or maybe just a whole Evo ;)

What do you mean by this?

Physically where....a dealership or what? I don't know squat over there or the first place to look.

snowborder714 said:
Evo III intake/exhaust manifolds and RVR intake manifold

Yes please. Sign me up for an intake manifold...either will do :)

Don't waste time getting hardware man. You're in Japan - take the free time to go sightseeing and exploring. You can always buy junk anytime you want. You won't always be there to sight see.

Just so you know parts aren't as cheap as people think. And if you are thinking about shipping stuff back over, think again. Shipping is very very expensive. The only way I was able to bring back the JDM knuckles to the US was in my suite case. And when I did I was only able to bring the knuckles and a couple things in the suite case since they are so damn heavy, and the airlines having a weight limit didn't help.

I would enjoy Japan and what Japan has to offer over running around looking for parts. Either way, its a great country and you will have fun!

Just so you know parts aren't as cheap as people think. And if you are thinking about shipping stuff back over, think again. Shipping is very very expensive. The only way I was able to bring back the JDM knuckles to the US was in my suite case. And when I did I was only able to bring the knuckles and a couple things in the suite case since they are so damn heavy, and the airlines having a weight limit didn't help.

I would enjoy Japan and what Japan has to offer over running around looking for parts. Either way, its a great country and you will have fun!

Well, I wasn't going along the lines of getting CHEAP parts, and make all this money sneaking shit back in a suitcase, but rather things that are rare, or at least harder to come by in the states.

I might have an oppurtunity to store some cargo on a few ship containers and be able to stretch a few crates in there for next to nothing. We'll see about that, but anyways...

The point was to see if there were some good sites to find things and items that are hard to come by around here. I know me personally, I'm looking for damn replacement parts to my boost controller, but I should be able to take care of that here.

Either way, I am going to be working quite a bit but will have most evenings to myself. I would like to enjoy my time, and if I can get some things that are tough to find around here, then that's an added bonus.

That, and the women said I could get myself a new toy for the whip. :sneaky:

Well, I wasn't going along the lines of getting CHEAP parts, and make all this money sneaking shit back in a suitcase, but rather things that are rare, or at least harder to come by in the states.

I might have an oppurtunity to store some cargo on a few ship containers and be able to stretch a few crates in there for next to nothing. We'll see about that, but anyways...

The point was to see if there were some good sites to find things and items that are hard to come by around here. I know me personally, I'm looking for damn replacement parts to my boost controller, but I should be able to take care of that here.

Either way, I am going to be working quite a bit but will have most evenings to myself. I would like to enjoy my time, and if I can get some things that are tough to find around here, then that's an added bonus.

That, and the women said I could get myself a new toy for the whip. :sneaky:

I don't say anything about you making money my by sneeking shit back?:rolleyes: And by me saying parts aren't cheap as people think, it wasn't really directing it at you. But to many people have this image of dirt cheap parts in Japan. Yes some parts are cheap but others aren't and cost as much as they do in the US.

But anyways as for dsm's there aren't that many rare things you can bring back. Maybe folding mirrors, taillights, and gauge cluster. Thats all I can think of, but those might be hard to find. You might have better luck with parts mentioned above like Evo intake Mani and what not.

And if you do get a chance to use a crate to ship things I would say JDM Galant knuckles for sure. Just so you know, you can also get the knuckles off VR-4 Legnums.

Other then that I can't really think of anything cool from Japan that we can use on our cars. We aren't JDM crazy like the Honda kids! :banghead:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back