The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Going to be new to arizona soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesomewheeldrive

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 6, 2012
Frankfort, Illinois
Hey everyone, so i live in chicago right now and im rebuilding my 1g Tsi awd. but now, by the 1st of april, i will be living in San Tan Valley, AZ. i wanted to see if there are any meets or cruises so i can get into the phoenix dsm scene.

I organized a cruise a few years ago that wekt through the northern part of the state and covered about 300 miles. We had about 15 cars and only a single very minor issue with police that ended up being a 30.00 wasting natural resources ticket. As I said in another thread I would have a VERY hard time doing it again. The type of DSM owner has changed quite a bit and unfortunatley that leads to smaller meets and pretty much nothing in the way of cruises.

Yeah i read that thread where you talked about how it would be hard to get something like that going. Im a younger guy im only 21 but i know what you mean about the type of owner has changed. Just people who are careless, almost mindless actually, and dont care what happens to the car because its just a car to them. Which is sad because i care about my dsm as if it is the last one left on the earth.

Ah ha! already making friends on this site! Lol well im still trying to get everything ready to start assemble my engine. Its unfortunate, but im going to have to drive my car from chicago. Do you have any tips boosted and boostmitsu? Ive got a lightweight steel flywheel, stage 3 comp clutch, 550cc injectors, 2g maf, 2 1/4in intercooler piping. Ssqv III (recirculated), aem wideband, mbc, 2 3/4 exhaust. Ported 2g exhaust mani with an hks wastegate, ported evo 3 o2 housing, new oem pistons and rings, acl bearings, oem crank that was micropolished, arp head studs, arp flywheel bolts and arp connecting rod bolts. But im thinking about leaving the 1g maf on and 450cc injectors until i get to arizona. Its an 1800 mile drive.... Im dreading it.

I think... It would be hard as you mentioned... But i think we could get a cruise going. As much as i hate to say it we could get on a scooby site and try to invite them and some evo guys/girls. Well really any car as long as its a car that the drivers are passionate about. Even if planning makes the cruise date as far as sometime in the fall. Mix some highway cruising with a bit of mountain roads and i think there would be a good time between all the cars and drivers. More people might come if we could find some sort of charity to do a drive for. Idk though. Ive never done this, but new things are always a good adventure.

good mods man ... and out of all the mods i like the aem wideband the most its crazy how many ppl want to spend money on go past parts and not on the one thing that can keep them from blowing up their car ... if your car is tuned then it shouldn't matter about the drive just don't "mess" with anyone on the way here to keep the unthinkable from happening while on the road.. but the stock maf and injectors are a good idea..and i know about that drive man try 2400miles on the road from nc that sucked but my car was on a trailer so i didnt worry about it good luck bro

Thanks about the mods im trying to keep it safe. Hoping for about 300 at the crank for now but every dsm'r knows that once you reach your goal its never enough. Check out my mbc i made in my gallery i think you'll like it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back