The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Going to attempt a manifold build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamble97

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2006
small town, Illinois
Well I tried this a few years ago and failed. So now FF a few years later I have a better skill set and better understanding of fabrication.

Just bought a header flange and and t3 flange with runners on it. Going to be a T3 with all 1.5" runners and hoping to make this a direct bolt on affair. Going to tack things in place and try to find someone with a car that is torn apart to test fit this on. Hoping to do some pictures of my progress on this and show you guys how I do. Good or bad.
I have a lot of sch10 piping that I practiced on a last time so I'll be cutting it all up and starting over.

Stay tuned!

Parts are all in now...where do I start LOL
I guess I should get my hands on a stock manifold so I can get placment correct

If it's going to be a T3 manifold to use with larger framed turbos, then you may want to ditch using the stock placement of the stock turbo. You'll likely benefit from moving it out and down (for clearance purposes). Borrow a commonly used or larger T3 turbo, temporarily locate/affix it into position, and build your collector location jig from there. Once that's done, start with the runner that requires the most specific clearance and go from there.

LOL thanks. Wish I still knew someone with a Dsm or t3 flanged manfold.
I bought a collector so welding the runners to that will be enough of a challenge and figuring out what runner goes there.
Is there any logic to that part or just where ever it fits well?

Had some free time this morning so i figured i'd get started. Just eyeballing it really. Looked at one this weekend and went based off that. So The plan is to get 2 of the runners tacked in place then go find someone with a 2g and t3 and test fit it. Would like to do the same with an evo.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't have any dsm parts anymore. Hoping to find someone that will test fit this.
It's a cast stainless flange and collector off eBay. Not sure who makes it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back