The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Going lean under throttle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken_eclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2007
Utica, Ohio
Normally I don't like starting new thread because everything's been asked before but after two hours of searching I can't seem to find my problem..so here it goes.

New engine w/ 180psi across all 4,new Aero 340,720's, good fuel filter, new plugs, new coilpacks,fuel pump o-ring is secured, BLT.

The car idles perfectly and cruise conditions are fine. The problem however is that as soon as you go to accelerate the car will start to lean out as throttle is applied. Under say ~1/2-3/4 throttle it just starts downright bucking and hits a brick wall.

I've tried richening up the fuel sliders, Maf comp, and everything with no luck. I really just need another well educated pair of eyes to point me in another direction to pursue.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

As you can see I was trying everything to no avail...

It does this no matter what the RPM, I've tried at 1500 in 2nd and 4000 in 3rd..

Last edited by a moderator:
So you go to accelerate and the car starts bucking, you try to give the car more gas and it just slows down even further correct? You let off the throttle and the car will idle just fine correct?

After talking with Dave from ECMtuning and trying to adjust the MAFcomp up about 20% to compensate and it bringing my AFR's down to 15's I believe the Denso's are maxed out. I will more than likely be going back to pump gas just long enough till i can source some 1600's.

But to answer your question, once it started bucking it pretty much just got worse till I let off even though I never did it for more than 2 seconds due to building boost and ~18:1 afr's. On a positive note while doing it there was never any signs of knock..

I'll be sure to post up the results once i get some pump gas in it and make another go at re-tuning this setup.

Just an update, due to the added viscosity of e85 and my injectors I could only set my global fuel to 0% and then had to go through and adjust Maf comp to positive just to help..

Switched the car to pump gas and reset global and for the most part she's running alot better. My injectors were still only around 40-50% so I need to address why that is.

Hope this helps someone.

Also: the ecmlink guys have been nothing but helpful with this, i couldnt be happier with my purchase.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back