The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Go kart racing. Frame selection, engine selection?.?.?.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My son SCORED this Murray for 2 bills. Runs and drives. Needs work that you can see but a good score.
Look at the difference in the Murray frame and the Carter (grandsons) frame.
Big boy toys LOL. :thumb: :sneaky:
Updates as he UPGRADES.
Techumseh 6 hp on the big cart.
Predator 212cc on the little red one.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My son SCORED this Murray for 2 bills. Runs and drives. Needs work that you can see but a good score.
Look at the difference in the Murray frame and the Carter (grandsons) frame.
Big boy toys LOL. :thumb: :sneaky:
Updates as he UPGRADES.
Techumseh 6 hp on the big cart.
Predator 212cc on the little red one.
It's odd seeing it without a roll cage LOL

Nice find Marty, have fun with it!!!

Oh, I haven't even sat in it. It's Trevor's little toy, even though he has a DSM and his 86 Z/28, LOL. Both sons have enjoyed the little Carter cart since we got it going again a few months ago, even tho it was built for the grandson......Boys will be boys.....even me!
We did mention all of the things we saw about the cart and they didn't bat an eye when he offered them 200 cash (they were asking 300). The man said "SURE, if you can get it out the door". It was at a used furniture second hand store of all things!

For someone looking for a good chassis builder PRC Phantom Racing Chassis is a good builder. They always did me right back in my methanol Karting days. There are a ton to choose from now though. The best chassis I ever owned was My Phantom Stalker, was competitive even a against the newer ones I competed with. Was easy to setup, for track condition, with plenty of gearing choices. The most expensive parts are having wheel/tire combos, and engines modded to run on the various fuels. But, if they have a regular gasoline engine class, many engine choices mentioned will work. All nonshifter racing Karts have a very wide allowance for various engine manufacturers, and size. Sure the shifters do as well? Once out of racing I thought about putting a side shaft twin on it for kicks, but sold the whole thing off before I got around to making it reality. It was still quite fast with a gasoline engine. I would mount one to test at a new track. Dang if I'm paying for methanol just to check out a track layout. That stuff was expensive even in the late 90's to early 2000's, can only imagine what It goes for today? Those days were a lot of fun, I enjoyed every race win or loose. Even enjoyed bombing around the neighborhood with the gasser mounted, well till the 50 shows up anyway! They didn't care, only stopped me to appease the killjoy neighbors... They mostly laughed at the thought of a race Kart loose on the streets knowing that dirtbikes, and 4wheelers were just a bad in the area. Wondered why I got singled out. Easy, pri** neighbors... Thankful they finally moved.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back