The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

gm v6 into a 1g awd dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honestly , that like being in 1970, going to the dealer looking at the hemi challengers and cudas, and when it comes time for pick up your like :ohdamn:"" forget that hemi i want the 6 cyl!!! instead of asking if you could you should ask why you should. it would cost you hundreds of dollars in fabrication for less room,less fuel mileage and less power. like that dude above me said "if your going to do a crazy swap then put the blown v8 in there"

the 3.4 may not have been the best engine ever but it did spawn the current line of GM 60 degree V6's.....GM doesnt have a V6 that isnt a 60 degree motor anymore and the model that is going in the new camaro is a 300 hp monster...based on the old 60 degree 3400 design...greatly updated mind you yes and the intake gasket problem is easily fixed with the newer intake gaskets.....i say go for it and see what happens...you may need to look into a custom tube subframe for the engine though. and if it fits, and you go with the top end off a 3500 you could see 200 hp or more with a good tune.....if you like megasquirt that is....so far its the only real tuning device for that motor..

worst.idea.ever.

go buy a GM with a 3.4L pos motor if you want a 3.4L pos. Sounds like a big stupid waste of money and a DSM. It would be like me swapping out the motor in my 03 Cobra for the V6 motor, it makes absolutely no sense.

Not to mention if you have to ask, you are already in over your head, because people who do have the abilities to do such swaps, dont ask such questions and would have done it already.

Plus, even if you did get the motor in there, the DSM gods will never allow it to work, or work properly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back