The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Gluing and sealing a sunroof

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_squared212

Probationary Member
Feb 8, 2019
Dubuque, Iowa
I posted about a sunroof problem a while ago. Essentially, a previous owner installed an aftermarket sunroof that the seals had failed and he very messily sealed it with silicone. So I popped it out, thinking I could just replace and then found out it wasn't original. I decided the best/simplest/most cost effective thing to do is put the aftermarket one back in and seal it shut but actually do a clean job of it.
So, my question is, what glue would be best to glue the sunroof to the car?
Then what would be the best sealant to seal the sunroof closed?

I agree being a general contractor (construction). They make clear adhesive sealants. Just read and find what you think will work best. They make rubber caulking tools which should help keep it clean.

A lot of times you can mask, or apply a lubricant (water depending on product) on areas you dont want the product to stick to! For bathrooms we spray soapy water down first, so the caulking sticks only in the cracks, and wipes clean from everything else.

Maybe also since you're just dealing it (forever?), have a decent sunroof plug made that'll fit the aftermarket hole, and seal that up so that you loss the extra weight you won't need anymore, and then you can put a non-sunroof headliner in so it'll have a cleaner look inside as well as outside.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back