The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Glowshift Gauges good or bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They are fine. GlowShift redesigned all their gauges recently so they are no longer using the garbage SPW designs.

Though why anyone wants mechanical gauges over digital readouts anymore is beyond me.

because when you read a digital gauge you have to see the whole number and process it.

with a needle gauge you just see the angle of the needle (say oil pressure) and if it's anywhere over 0 then you're good to go. you dont need to know the exact pressure

Ahem!

This is funny. I chuckled.

Also pretty sure a digital read out, is 10x better than looking at a needle and straining your eyes to see where it is on that gauge for the accurate number.

Didn't know a mechanical gauge is better than digital. Didn't know you also don't need to know the exact number. I'm pretty sure anyone who gives a rats ass, wants accuracy and wants to know that exact number. If they're logging on Link or some other source, they want to know the accuracy from gauge to laptop reading.

You're mistaken.

digital can also process info faster and change quicker that a mech. gauge. they also cannot get fatigued and loose accuracy the same way a mech. gauge can.

Ahem!

This is funny. I chuckled.

Also pretty sure a digital read out, is 10x better than looking at a needle and straining your eyes to see where it is on that gauge for the accurate number.

Didn't know a mechanical gauge is better than digital. Didn't know you also don't need to know the exact number. I'm pretty sure anyone who gives a rats ass, wants accuracy and wants to know that exact number. If they're logging on Link or some other source, they want to know the accuracy from gauge to laptop reading.

You're mistaken.

Sorry but he is not.

For things like RPM and boost an analog gauge can be interpreted faster at a glance or out of peripheral vision than a digital read out. In a race or drag strip situation the split second longer time of having to look at and interpret a number - while taking your eyes off the road -can be deadly. This is one of the reasons why NASCAR race cars use analog gauges.

Sorry but he is not.

For things like RPM and boost an analog gauge can be interpreted faster at a glance or out of peripheral vision than a digital read out. In a race or drag strip situation the split second longer time of having to look at and interpret a number - while taking your eyes off the road -can be deadly. This is one of the reason why NASCAR race cars use analog gauges.

Then why doesn't the most premiere of racing leagues, Formula 1, get rid of it's completely digital system?

Sorry but he is not.

For things like RPM and boost an analog gauge can be interpreted faster at a glance or out of peripheral vision than a digital read out. In a race or drag strip situation the split second longer time of having to look at and interpret a number - while taking your eyes off the road -can be deadly. This is one of the reasons why NASCAR race cars use analog gauges.

NASCAR, SMASHCAR. No matter what, the guy above said process it. Nothing is easier to process than a set of digital gauges giving you the exact read out instead of reading a mechanical gauge. You always have them split up from sections of 5 or 10 meaning the bold readouts are "5, 10, 15" or "0, 10, 20, 30."

Either way, Look at the "big guns" that use the digital moniters to show MPH, Boost levels, oil pressure, engine temps, etc all on one screen? Why do those guys in F1 do that or maybe those drag racers that do the same?

Who gives a damn? :idontknow: The op asked if glowshift gauges were any good or not. Nowhere in the title does it say lets have a pissing contest about digital vs analog. And Glowshift also offers analog AND digital so whichever flavor you prefer you can get.

To the OP yes they work fine. I use the boost, egt, oil pressure, and the wideband. They all work well. I have to sell the wideband though because I never could get it to work with link so if you want one that can log with link I dont think you can use the glowshift WB. Also my boost gauge was off by 1 psi from the box although it was fairly old when I got it. I got it for free and then got the rest of the gauges from Glowshifts website.

OP.. from everything I've heard, Glowshift is a good gauge for the money.
As for the digital vs analog side-debate, that is of course a matter of personal preference which is better; I personally prefer digital.

Does anyone use the 7-series glowshift gauges? Any thoughts on them?
Yes o have. I have the speedometer, tachometer, oil and volt guages. Do not purchase. They are junk
Speedo stopped and oil stopped after a year, they would not do anything about it. Tach bounces when driving and the filter they have doesnt help. The gps is extra for speedo and it just stopped working last year and is out of warranty. Once again do not buy, customer service is also terrible.

10 year old thread, BTW

I do run them in my cars and have no complaints. Mine have worked without issue also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back